Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Is 9mm The Way To Go?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Reminds me of an OIC with big massively fat guy had shotgun, while the team guy who had an angle had a MP5. Triple tap followed by a few more rounds.... Mr Big said, "ow"!! Then dropped his shotgun and didn't want to play anymore and was upset he had been shot. He was fine, all rounds were stopped by his exceedingly large layers of natural protection.
    There seems a number of confirmed stories of people absorbing an amazing number of handgun rnds and continuing to fight until someone with a long gun shows up to put the goblin down.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Reminds me of an OIC with big massively fat guy had shotgun, while the team guy who had an angle had a MP5. Triple tap followed by a few more rounds.... Mr Big said, "ow"!! Then dropped his shotgun and didn't want to play anymore and was upset he had been shot. He was fine, all rounds were stopped by his exceedingly large layers of natural protection.
    Hah! yet another reason U-Vibe may be correct, albeit in the tiny minority, in his carrying of FMJ rounds on the street: Most Americans, it seems, are nowadays Obese.

Big guys fall to ball!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Hah! yet another reason U-Vibe may be correct, albeit in the tiny minority, in his carrying of FMJ rounds on the street: Most Americans, it seems, are nowadays Obese.

Big guys fall to ball!
    Except...

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Don't sweat it in Israel for decades we were forced to use 9mm ball, shot placement killed terrorist.

I used to carry a 1911 .45, till it failed big time with all great hits.

I then came to my current place, give me more 9mm rounds so if he doesn't go down I can keep shooting without having to stress a reload.
    Apparently Palestinians (who aren't obese) don't drop reliably to ball, either, so....
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    CNS hits (spine or brain) are the only nearly guaranteed hits that will drop someone instantly. Someone shot right through the heart can continue to fight; they may die real soon, but can continue the fight briefly. Certainly enough time to take someone with them. Even with that said, handguns aren't rifles. Hell, even with rifle wounds with a non-CNS hit there have been beaucoup documented shootings where the bad guy (or good guy) continues the fight and even survives the ordeal.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-02-19 at 19:42.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Except...

Apparently Palestinians (who aren't obese) don't drop reliably to ball, either, so....
    If you are looking for a magic handgun bullet, it resides right next to unicorns.

We carry handguns, because they can be concealed and even where I could carry a long gun and not stand out I didn't do all the time. I made a threat assessment of where I was going and the time of day I was going, then took the best weapon for that trip.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    There was a drug turf involved execution in Cottonwood, AZ where the killer used a CZ52 at almost point blank range. 7.62×25mm Tokarev, no matter what variant of ammunition was used it was still well over a 1,000 feet per second and did not penetrate but instead killed from blunt trauma after bouncing off of the skull. That was interesting reading the reports about it.
    I personally have seen 38 special from a short barrel revolver richochet off a cow's skull and go through a tin roof. And it was the so called thin part of the skull. Cow said ouch, did not pass out or drop.

Feedback Score
    I have seen a 5.56 round bounce off the skull of a donkey from a range of 6" or less.

Man still has not invented a death ray. So use what caliber you want and shoot them till they drop.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Man still has not invented a death ray.
    But, but, but... I was always told that .40 has the penetration of 9mm and the stopping power of .45 and instantaneously vaporizes anything you shoot with it. [rolls eyes...]

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    But, but, but... I was always told that .40 has the penetration of 9mm and the stopping power of .45 and instantaneously vaporizes anything you shoot with it. [rolls eyes...]
    No, thats 10mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    No, thats 10mm
    I’ve head 10mm will blow a mans arm off. Someone actually said that to me so it must be true.
    #power #realmansround

Lol

Stick with 9mm until you hit master-class, and keep docgkr recommended loads onbaord.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast