Thread: 10.5" Pistol Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAngel View Post
    I'm new here and am just jumping right in...

I put this together in the last couple of weeks and have spent the last week changing this and that until I wound up with something that I like...https://photos.app.goo.gl/1YL2f1nXbwBk3Amc7
    Did you try to use the image tag for your pic so the pic would show up in your post? Just curious. Also is there a reason your rear buis is so close to your optic?
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Did you try to use the image tag for your pic so the pic would show up in your post? Just curious. Also is there a reason your rear buis is so close to your optic?
    Yeah, I need to get a new image host. The one I'm using doesn't support embedding.

My rear bus is that close because I shoot better with it in that position. I can be more precise. Honestly, I would have had it in front of the red dot, but I wasn't going to move the red dot back and obscure more of my view for the sake of the back up. On rigs that I have open sights only, I have the rear sight as far forward on the rail of the upper as I can get it. I just find that it's faster and more precise.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Astigmatism causes RDs to look like a comet or Super Nova for me.

I run rear BUIS next to RD and use small aperture as a diopter. It cleans up Dot and sight picture at cost of darkening image a bit.

C070A321-613D-4AC3-9F88-60E9C4E6C7E3.jpg
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.