Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    No firearms manufacturer can design a weapon that anticipates all forms of stupidity. Can't be done.
    As I said way early in the thread, if the gun was GTG but for that one issue, it wouldn't stop me personally from owning one. I CCWd at 1911 for years which if dropped at just the right angle from the right height, etc can go boom. But supplying said gun to large numbers of troops, PDs, etc knowing that issue exists, I'd look for another gun and or make sure the company produced a fix.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Me neither as an individual.

But if we're talking about equipping a huge department it would certainly be a factor for me.
    Two different but valid issues there.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    Can you say all P320's will discharge if dropped-upgraded or not? Testing has shown not all P320's go off if dropped at that one and only angle. The guns that did go off at that one and only angle, did not go off every time dropped. I will say again: my P320 will not go off if dropped.
    Sample Size of 1. And You have dropped in hundreds of times to test it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Not directed at you sir.
    Guess the intent of the comment went over my pointy bald head. I moved from MA to FL almost two years ago and the NE winters are (almost) a distant memory. MA winters suck, but NH (where I have lived also) sucks squared. No thanx.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Can you say all P320's will discharge if dropped-upgraded or not? Testing has shown not all P320's go off if dropped at that one and only angle. The guns that did go off at that one and only angle, did not go off every time dropped. I will say again: my P320 will not go off if dropped.
    ^Exactly. This revelation of P320's ND'ing when dropped was enough to drop my interest in them to absolute 0 and not recommend them to friends and colleagues interested in a new or first hand gun. And I was pretty interested in this platform because of the modularity.

Are all the guns coming out of the factory free of this defect now? Probably. But I don't want to be the person or have recommended it to someone that finds out they aren't.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Regardless of sample size, I do my very best to avoid dropping any gun.

However with a USA sample size of 500,000+ an extremely small % of P320's have gone off when dropped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    ^Exactly. This revelation of P320's ND'ing when dropped was enough to drop my interest in them to absolute 0 and not recommend them to friends and colleagues interested in a new or first hand gun. And I was pretty interested in this platform because of the modularity.

Are all the guns coming out of the factory free of this defect now? Probably. But I don't want to be the person or have recommended it to someone that finds out they aren't.
    I advise people to avoid dropping their guns. I also warn them the gun will go off when the trigger is pulled........

Feedback Score
    Regardless of sample size, I do my very best to avoid dropping any gun.
    Agreed. Same here. Carried for a living for 25+ years and never did... But Murphy is ALWAYS out there. One must be ready for Murphy.

However with a USA sample size of 500,000+ an extremely small % of P320's have gone off when dropped.
    I'll bet a very small number were ever dropped. Then, were they dropped on concrete, or soft carpet?

<--- Mine came back from the factory RECALL and is still in the safe. The jury is out whether or not I have lost confidence in the platform.

I love the way it shot before the RECALL, I still love the way it feels in my hand. The new trigger feels good... But I just don't know if I can trust the thing anymore. It's going to sit in the safe until enough data comes back from the REPAIRED weapons. If enough good points come out and it appears all of the issues were fixed, I will probably keep it and place it in to the carry rotation. If not... I may have to go trade it for that VP9.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Agreed. Same here. Carried for a living for 25+ years and never did... But Murphy is ALWAYS out there. One must be ready for Murphy.

I'll bet a very small number were ever dropped. Then, were they dropped on concrete, or soft carpet?

<--- Mine came back from the factory RECALL and is still in the safe. The jury is out whether or not I have lost confidence in the platform.

I love the way it shot before the RECALL, I still love the way it feels in my hand. The new trigger feels good... But I just don't know if I can trust the thing anymore. It's going to sit in the safe until enough data comes back from the REPAIRED weapons. If enough good points come out and it appears all of the issues were fixed, I will probably keep it and place it in to the carry rotation. If not... I may have to go trade it for that VP9.
    I still love the 320 platform, but was more than disappointed in how this whole thing went down with Sig. I know they are fixing them and that is all fine and good, but there were a lot of questions about the whole thing. I am not 100% on the pistol now either because of the issue. I know this is supposed to be the fix, and may be, but why wasn't it done this way in the first place. Sig didn't just change out a part or two, they redesigned a significant part of the fire control system.

I still run mine at the range quite a bit and it is by far one of the most accurate pistol I own. I haven't had the upgrade done to mine either, but even with the upgrade I'm not sure I will go back to carrying it. Until then my 5th Gen G19 has taken it's place.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 11-14-17 at 14:55.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    I advise people to avoid dropping their guns. I also warn them the gun will go off when the trigger is pulled........
    That's a good idea. I'm even gonna suggest that you recommend they don't juggle them too....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast