Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handgun holster for use in combination with plate carrier/chest rig

Feedback Score

Question Handgun holster for use in combination with plate carrier/chest rig

So here is my situation.

I'm 6'1" 205lbs, athletic. I use either a PC or chest rig with 8 mag pouches in combination with a HSGI padded molle battle belt. I currently have a G17 Mission First holster on the right hand side of the belt. Whenever I draw from the holster while wearing all of this, my pistol hand hits the PC/chest rig and I need to contort my body to the left and push my right hip out in order to draw the pistol. This is bad for several reasons and I need to be able to draw my pistol without getting hung up on PC/chest rig.

I know I could use a drop leg holster, but those come with other issues. I'd much prefer a belt holster w/ molle attachment that allows me to draw smoothly. Here's what I would like in the holster:

-G17
    -Kydex (or something similar)
    -Level 2 retention
    -Molle Compatible
    -Sits low, but not a thigh holster
    -Offset away from the body

I used the search function and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Any insight?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is there a reason you can’t attach a Safariland duty style holder to the belt itself instead of usukng the MOLLE? Say like the 6395 with a QLS?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    The molle covers the belt, so I don’t think so. Will check when I get home just to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Handgun holster for use in combination with plate carrier/chest rig

I use one of these, but I’m using the HSGI belt with micro pad. No complaints yet. I don’t know if it will work with your setup.
    http://rcsgear.com/drop-offset-kit/
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 07-10-18 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It should have a slot to mount holsters directly to the belt. Look at the bottom of the MOLLE for a seam.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    First, why are you carrying eight mags? Most dudes on deployment carry six on them and one in the gun, max. Second, Safariland ALS with a variety of mounting options. I prefer the G-Code MULE since I had the same issue as you (except with side plates instead of mags) but they have an optimal drop mount option and there is also the S&S precision mount that is adjustable. The G-Code RTI or Safariland QLS/QMS(?) is probably the most stand off that you’re going to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I use an Uncle Mike's Reflex holster with the Removable Rotating Belt Loop. It drops the holster down a few inches and then you can also rotate it if sitting. Works great for me.

https://www.unclemikes.com/products/...ting-belt-loop

https://www.unclemikes.com/products/...eflex-holsters

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    First, why are you carrying eight mags? Most dudes on deployment carry six on them and one in the gun, max. Second, Safariland ALS with a variety of mounting options. I prefer the G-Code MULE since I had the same issue as you (except with side plates instead of mags) but they have an optimal drop mount option and there is also the S&S precision mount that is adjustable. The G-Code RTI or Safariland QLS/QMS(?) is probably the most stand off that you’re going to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m in a program that requires 9 mags total. However, I believe they dropped it down to 7.

So I checked and the padded belt does have a slot for the holster. I appreciate you guys pointing that out. Saves a lot of pain and suffering. Just bought a G Code SOC RTI with drop belt attachment. Thanks for the help all.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    I'm a little late, but the Safariland Drop Flex Adaptor and Leg Shroud with your choice of Safariland holster would do everything you want. I use one every day with my G17 and X300U to keep it out of the way of my outer carrier for soft armor and plate carrier should I need to put it on.

I do have to ask, what program has you packing around that much ammo?
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I'm a little late, but the Safariland Drop Flex Adaptor and Leg Shroud with your choice of Safariland holster would do everything you want. I use one every day with my G17 and X300U to keep it out of the way of my outer carrier for soft armor and plate carrier should I need to put it on.

I do have to ask, what program has you packing around that much ammo?

Thank you sir I appreciate the response. It’s this one right here: http://ableshepherd.com/

Sent from my iPhone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast