Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion - "Police Militarization Gave Us Uvalde"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Opinion - "Police Militarization Gave Us Uvalde"

Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    None of that is necessarily in the least bit impressive. Honestly his bio at the beginning of the article means more than that does.

That article was dumb. If it wasn’t so long, I’d copy and respond to all of the dumb comments. He made a few I agree with but the overall tone and bottom line was stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 06-17-22 at 13:15.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Atlantic is left-wing baloney.

The truth is, the Uvalde (and Columbine, and Pulse Nightclub, and Parkland, and LAPD / Riots) police were insufficiently militarized.

It's not the police's job to rush into buildings occupied by one or more homicidal, suicidal riflemen. That's not what they signed up for, and that's not the normal police work they were hired for and trained for.

There are, however, people and organizations that did sign up for that. They're called military special operators: Seals, Rangers, Delta, etc. These people can and do charge into buildings full of AK-wielding fanatics who look forward to a sanctifying death.

Were the Uvalde police sufficiently militarized, they would have done what the Seals did in Abbotabad: gone in at great risk, killed the shooter, and extracted.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    Atlantic is left-wing baloney.

The truth is, the Uvalde (and Columbine, and Pulse Nightclub, and Parkland, and LAPD / Riots) police were insufficiently militarized.

It's not the police's job to rush into buildings occupied by one or more homicidal, suicidal riflemen. That's not what they signed up for, and that's not the normal police work they were hired for and trained for. ACTUALLY IT IS ! SINCE COLUMBINE SOP IS FOR LE TO ENGAGE AND NEUTRALIZE SHOOTER.

Were the Uvalde police NOT INCOMPETANT COWARDS*, they would have done what the Seals did in Abbotabad: gone in at great risk, killed the shooter, and extracted.
    * Amended your post

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Me thinks OP maybe didn't get enough sleep or hasn't taken his meds, because agreeing with that stupid article, no matter what side of the aisle you are on, is mental gymnastics.

Cops who are super militarized and super aggressive, ok. That leads to cops being too afraid to go in and deal with a problem? What?

Uvalde was bad training, bad leadership, and a lack of heart on many people's parts.

Prove me wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Me thinks OP maybe didn't get enough sleep or hasn't taken his meds, because agreeing with that stupid article, no matter what side of the aisle you are on, is mental gymnastics.

Cops who are super militarized and super aggressive, ok. That leads to cops being too afraid to go in and deal with a problem? What?

Uvalde was bad training, bad leadership, and a lack of heart on many people's parts.

Prove me wrong.
    Here again I have to disagree. Rushing into these situations is simply not what police agreed to do. (Or so the ones I know tell me). They signed up to do police work, e.g. arrest suspects, investigate crimes, patrol streets. Not to engage in spec-ops small unit actions against mass shooters. The fact that the Uvalde scenario has repeated itself many times in history is itself some proof that we are expecting policemen to do things they did not sign up for.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here again I have to disagree. Rushing into these situations is simply not what police agreed to do. (Or so the ones I know tell me). They signed up to do police work, e.g. arrest suspects, investigate crimes, patrol streets. Not to engage in spec-ops small unit actions against mass shooters. The fact that the Uvalde scenario has repeated itself many times in history is itself some proof that we are expecting policemen to do things they did not sign up for.
    I have never talked to a police officer that said it wasn't his job to go in and take on a school shooter. We must have contacts with different LEO's .. my primary interactions have been with Alaska State Troopers as I was their landlord for a decade for their outpost. This is their creed, published for all to see.

From the beginning, society has needed a special few willing to face evil and run towards harm for the sake of others.

I am one of those few. I am an Alaska State Trooper.

My environment is harsh, vast, and unforgiving. I thrive in it.
    My state is beautiful, majestic, and the last of its kind. I will protect it.

My integrity is absolute. My loyalty is to what is ethical, right, and true.
    My courage will not falter. Fear does not control me.
    I am the master of my actions and emotions, regardless of circumstance.

Where action is needed, I will act.
    If I fall, I will get back up. If I fail, I will try again.
    I will either find a way or make one. I will never give up.

I will be physically superior, mentally tougher, and more tenacious than those determined to bring harm to others.
    I will enhance my knowledge and proficiency every day. My training will never cease.

I am a quiet professional. I do not seek recognition for my actions.
    I accept and will overcome the mental and physical hazards of my profession.
    I will do what is necessary to place the needs of others before my own.
    Because I endure this, others won’t have to.

Titles will not define me. No man will determine my worth.
    I will live my life according to the creed I have written on my heart, regardless of my position, rank or title.

I stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before me.
    I am honor bound to maintain the proud traditions of Alaska's finest.
    The fallen are honored by my actions and I commit myself daily to the mighty cause of preserving this honor.

I am an Alaska State Trooper

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The cops you know should quit and go work at Starbucks with all the other vegan women.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, I guess there is no solution to mass shooters. The cops didn't sign up to deal with them until maybe they surrender, if they surrender, citizens that are willing to go at them, are restrained and threatened, most schools won't arm teachers, yep the kids and teachers are on their own. Let the kids die, it's the way our society wants it.

Feedback Score
    If we want to stop school shooting the solution is very simple.

Schools need to hire vets of the GWOT and put them at every school. Armed with evil assault rifles that will go through the soft body armor these scum bags seem to be now wearing. All entrances are now closed except for one. When a dirt bag shows up, shoot him down and make sure he is dead.
    The above stopped schools being a target in Israel, last school shooting was in 1974

My kids elementary and middle school had a sandbagged emplacement on the roof as the closest neighbors were Palestinians. Funny that and the armed guys with M4 rifles and we never had an incident

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    If we want to stop school shooting the solution is very simple.

Schools need to hire vets of the GWOT and put them at every school. Armed with evil assault rifles that will go through the soft body armor these scum bags seem to be now wearing. All entrances are now closed except for one. When a dirt bag shows up, shoot him down and make sure he is dead.
    The above stopped schools being a target in Israel, last school shooting was in 1974

My kids elementary and middle school had a sandbagged emplacement on the roof as the closest neighbors were Palestinians. Funny that and the armed guys with M4 rifles and we never had an incident

If I were running things, I'd hire Yoni as my school security consultant!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast