Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever Take The Myers-Briggs Test? 🤔

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ever Take The Myers-Briggs Test? 🤔

This is a short version. The full version is quite long. I took the full version in Personality Psych course back in the day, among various psych courses I took. Unlike many/most online personality tests that are nonsense, The Myers-Briggs test is used in all sorts of places, and has been very influential, but not viewed as valid or useful as it once was apparently since I took it mid 90s. Mine, which comes as no surprise:

Your personality type is:

Logician
    INTP-T

" Logicians pride themselves on their unique perspectives and vigorous intellect. They can’t help but puzzle over the mysteries of the universe – which may explain why some of the most influential philosophers and scientists of all time have been Logicians. This personality type is fairly rare, but with their creativity and inventiveness, Logicians aren’t afraid to stand out from the crowd."

No surprise, ALBERT EINSTEIN was a Logician. What are you?

https://freshsaga.com/my-purpose/free-mbti-test/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-15-22 at 12:02.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pretty much everyone in the US Armed Services took that.......or at least they used to........

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Pretty much everyone in the US Armed Services took that.......or at least they used to........
    Unlike your usual random untested stuff, that one is heavily researched, time tested, used all over the world, and very accurate.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I am also a logistician, ISTJ-A.

Feedback Score
    Logician
    INTP-A

I’m very extroverted in that I can and usually can engage strangers in conversation. I’d love to be a talk show interviewer- i get to meet and interact with people and learn new things- but then they go away. I don’t make ‘friends’ easily.

These self reported tests are interesting. One filled out by other people about you are more interesting.

Self delusion is very powerful.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Logician
    INTP-A

I’m very extroverted in that I can and usually can engage strangers in conversation. I’d love to be a talk show interviewer- i get to meet and interact with people and learn new things- but then they go away. I don’t make ‘friends’ easily.

These self reported tests are interesting. One filled out by other people about you are more interesting.

Self delusion is very powerful.
    I have not seen one of those, but that does sound interesting for sure.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't recall taking this test in the Navy, but that was over 30 years ago so who knows.

Came out as Architect, (INTJ-A)
    Seems to be spot on.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Took it but it couldn't connect to the server for a grade, guess the fiber optic is running slow today.

Reminds me a lot of the test they gave us at the refinery. We didn't get a grade or classification for that one, it was either you can go in the gate or you can't go in the gate.

Feedback Score
    Came out as an Architect.

Whatever, to be honest I could care less. The test questioning was interesting though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Unlike your usual random untested stuff, that one is heavily researched, time tested, used all over the world, and very accurate.
    Not really. MBTI is largely despised by the research/academic community as pseudoscience, and studies have shown that folks can get different results when retaking the test at different times. It was created by people with no formal education in psychology nor educational testing, and was always a product to be sold to the business world.

The Big Five personality traits model, which has some overlap with some of the things that MBTI score for, typically has much more credence in the scientific community.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-15-22 at 11:43.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast