Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms Lowers

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nevermind
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-06-18 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The hysteria has now reaching a new high with the assertion that rust is forming inside a lower.
    Foot in mouth. Forgot Aluminum and all. What is the markings? Heat burns from the tooling?

I also want to include that it's far from hysteria. I am very appreciative of being a part of the group buy. Even as someone who only went as far as one lower.

I know a lot of efforts were put in by Centurion and their team, and yourself. In no way am I insinuating that I don't have a product that I will know I will be satisfied with. It's quite the contrary. But, to Sideway's credit, he hit the nail on the head. It is still, in many eyes, a blemished product. To me, as long as it works, I won't care. No sense in nonsense like a return. But, it still has that kinda: "Shucks." feeling to it. I wanted to share my experience and used a poor analysis of the situation. The gears clicked as I read your comment.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 07-06-18 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Foot in mouth. Forgot Aluminum and all. What is the markings? Heat burns from the tooling?

I also want to include that it's far from hysteria. I am very appreciative of being a part of the group buy. Even as someone who only went as far as one lower.

I know a lot of efforts were put in by Centurion and their team, and yourself. In no way am I insinuating that I don't have a product that I will know I will be satisfied with. It's quite the contrary. But, to Sideway's credit, he hit the nail on the head. It is still, in many eyes, a blemished product. To me, as long as it works, I won't care. No sense in nonsense like a return. But, it still has that kinda: "Shucks." feeling to it. I wanted to share my experience and used a poor analysis of the situation. The gears clicked as I read your comment.
    After reading these yesterday, I went over mine again with a very critical eye. Still looks pristine.

I suppose that the evidence of machining after anodizing shows evidence of QC checks, so in that respect it is a good thing.

I would just hit it with some aluma-black if you don't like the look. Perhaps they should have, but then, I'm sure, there would have been the potential for someone saying cover-up.

This is one of the reasons I try not to jump on the '@#$% sucks' bandwagon, this things happen to all manufacturers. As I noted, at least it shows they were looking at dimensions.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    After reading these yesterday, I went over mine again with a very critical eye. Still looks pristine.

I suppose that the evidence of machining after anodizing shows evidence of QC checks, so in that respect it is a good thing.

I would just hit it with some aluma-black if you don't like the look. Perhaps they should have, but then, I'm sure, there would have been the potential for someone saying cover-up.

This is one of the reasons I try not to jump on the '@#$% sucks' bandwagon, this things happen to all manufacturers. As I noted, at least it shows they were looking at dimensions.
    Agreed, but a simple heads up of “we had to modify your lower, is this acceptable to you?” before shipping would have been better than what happened. I understand stuff happens, but proactive instead or silent or reactive is 1k better. What was received was not what was ordered in my view. We’re not talking the Family Truckster or anything. Just a simple heads up would have avoided all of this. Then there would have simply been jokes about group buy lowers and special edition group buy lowers.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 07-06-18 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post

Being respectful is enough, so stop apologizing. We're all grown here, so find solid grounding and stop walking on eggshells.

Those lowers should have never went out the door; I know it, you know it, we all know it. So please, stop being grateful for receiving a blemished product.

Return it and give them a chance to make it right because what you received is simply not acceptable.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I looked mine over while waiting for the 4473 to be processed, and then inspected it very closely after I got home with it. The bolt catch pocket had been deepened a bit after anodizing, but I don't consider that an issue. There was what looked like oil at a front lower corner of the FCG well. I grabbed a Q-tip with solvent, and learned it wasn't oil after all. It's just an area roughly the size of a pencil eraser, so again....not an issue to me.

I've re-applied some Aluminum black to it, and I'll probably forget all about it within the next 6 months. All visible surfaces are machined/anodized nicely.....just not quite to the same level as the Mega that's still sitting in a drawer waiting to become useful. The Centurion will be built. The (perfect) Mega will be sold to a friend.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    Being respectful is enough, so stop apologizing. We're all grown here, so find solid grounding and stop walking on eggshells.

Those lowers should have never went out the door; I know it, you know it, we all know it. So please, stop being grateful for receiving a blemished product.

Return it and give them a chance to make it right because what you received is simply not acceptable.
    Most of the time I agree with your stance on things, and even in this case I agree partially.

But before we get too up in arms about it this is the perspective I would take: My order shipped came to 275.00; as near as I could figure the order would have been 355.00 retail. So I received the parts at a discount of 22% off list price, the discount percentage would be higher if I deducted the shipping cost.

That is not a bad deal from my point of view - even if you consider the lower a blem.

Not too long ago we had a thread on the Colt complete lowers in which folks were making much light of the blemishes on their lowers, so consider that Centurion Arms also makes War Horses not Show Ponies! At least they got the flashing smoothed out in the back strap area.

All that being said, I'm happy, mine is pristine.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 07-06-18 at 20:09.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post

I'm with you, never should have shipped. I emailed them and hopefully they agree to re-anodize or take it back.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-06-18 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    My reason for buying this lower was that I am in the process of converting all my 'no name lowers' on rifles I'm keeping to lowers with cool logos and recognized by most as seemingly legit.
    You sound just like me. I don't know why I think that way but I cannot for the life of me figure out why I cant bring myself to buy certain brands. Or mix certain brands together.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    But before we get too up in arms about it this is the perspective I would take: My order shipped came to 275.00; as near as I could figure the order would have been 355.00 retail. So I received the parts at a discount of 22% off list price, the discount percentage would be higher if I deducted the shipping cost.

That is not a bad deal from my point of view - even if you consider the lower a blem.
    Nope, the cost is not a factor in this. Up until this point I would consider Centurion to be a tier one manufacturer. This type of work would never leave a tier one's warehouse. I have not picked mine up yet as I have been in the woods but will early next week.
    Last edited by themonk; 07-07-18 at 07:46.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast