Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms Lowers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    Cerkote is applied very thin (<0.001 inches). It will not put anything out of spec that isn't launched into orbit.
    Knew it was thin, didn’t know it was that thin.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    The whole thing is so unlike them. I'm confused as to how they let these out of the house unless somewhere I missed that they were blem lowers all along.
    No, they were the first run of lowers, and part of the appeal was because of low numbers and first access.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Since I have yet to get over to pick up my lower/upper/handguard, quick question should it be blem’d...

Are the upper and handguard just laser engraved? I ask as this raises the possibility of getting everything cerakoted to match, but I also wouldn’t want to lose branding. Petty, perhaps, but now wondering.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Since I have yet to get over to pick up my lower/upper/handguard, quick question should it be blem’d...

Are the upper and handguard just laser engraved? I ask as this raises the possibility of getting everything cerakoted to match, but I also wouldn’t want to lose branding. Petty, perhaps, but now wondering.

There is a lot being made about something which is actually very minor, though I can understand the desire from people to want perfection.

To answer your question, rails and upper receivers are laser engraved.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    It’s all email. They just got back to me today and offered to cerakote it any color or give a full refund. So in my book they made it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I spoke with Monty earlier today, and this topic came up. He said people who have issues with their lowers can get them cerakoted or refunded.

If that doesn't end complaints...

No complaints, mine lower is perfect, but if I beat it up a little bit can I get in on this cerakote gig?

Solid options for anyone displeased, rare if not unheard of.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No, they were the first run of lowers, and part of the appeal was because of low numbers and first access.
    Just curiosity, do we know how low the first serial numbers were that shipped? Did they start shipping at 0001, or 0100? Not expecting people to share their serial numbers, I ordered a dew days after they were put up on the site and got in the middle of the 0100 and 0200 range.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    There is a lot being made about something which is actually very minor, though I can understand the desire from people to want perfection.
    Stick, I think its a minor issue if its a lower you were going to throw on a beater for hard use. But I think if you purchased the lower in expectation of a low SN# and as a showpiece or investment piece, the condition to at least my lower is far beyond minor. It is not viable for that purpose. Personally I dont care and will use it as a beater but I think there were some with a different expectation (especially from Centurion). I dont think anyone who looked at my lower would ever purchase it from me. It is far worse than any actual blem lowers I have purchased. These are by no means china dolls.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I would have rejected it right at the FFL and not taken possession. But Monty and Corey are good people, and will take care of everyone. I'm very surprised they shipped like that though. Doesn't matter the serial / early release if they come blemed when not advertised as such.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think there were probably several factors at work here -as Stickman states, a lot of the appeal was the chance for a low SN, so I can understand the desire not to destroy a low SN receiver, or throw it in the blem pile.

It has been noted that Centurion Arms will either Cerakote or allow you to return for a refund. To me that is good service.

My serial number is low 01-- and as I said earlier in this thread it is pristine. If the only blemish was on the interior of the receiver, I would think hard about returning it for either a refund, or another receiver with a hight number.

Reiterating, the options presented are return for Cerakoting or for refund. Through some effort on the part of several folks (Stickman and Monty) we were offered a good deal. If you don't like what you have either return it or have it Cerakoted.

There is no need to continue to beat this drum or bother Stickman, his only transgression was trying to put together a cool deal. Which he did.

JM .02
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Just curiosity, do we know how low the first serial numbers were that shipped? Did they start shipping at 0001, or 0100? Not expecting people to share their serial numbers, I ordered a dew days after they were put up on the site and got in the middle of the 0100 and 0200 range.
    Stick stated elsewhere they start at 100.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast