Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting: 19 children, 2 teachers killed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Yeah, maybe they should have had their own little fire fight outside the classroom door.

"Set your rifle and pistol down, I'm detaining you because we have a different view on what our commander is saying"
    Really couldn't have made things worse and might create a correction in the long term that historically doesn't occur.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Apparently there was more than one pushing hard to go in. Lawrence The Fox News guy was down there very shortly after the event and was talking to the officers. He said he has seen video of officers pushing hard to go in.

So I'm not ready to paint all officers with the same brush. Clearly the problem started at the top, and could have been sustained by leadership chain underneath him.

I also recognize that there could be officers with parkland mindset as well.
    To me, pushing hard in a situation where children are being murder would culminate in “f you and this job, I’m going in”. Their story about pushing hard is doing nothing more than easing their guilty conscious and the realization that they’re not the badasses they think they are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The internet tells me that Uvalde Consolidated School Dist. has it's own police force of 40 officers with now suspended Arredondo as chief.

The town of Uvalde has 28 officers with another guy as chief.

Town is supposedly 16,000.

This all really makes no sense to me, can someone who knows the truth about this chime in?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    The internet tells me that Uvalde Consolidated School Dist. has it's own police force of 40 officers with now suspended Arredondo as chief.

This all really makes no sense to me, can someone who knows the truth about this chime in?
    I find it weird that a school district in a small town has its own police department. Here in Az i don't think any school districts have their own department. The bigger universities do though.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

City of Uvalde has 40 sworn plus 17 support positions and @ 40% of the city budget according to their online info.

https://www.uvaldetx.gov/Document%20...%209-17-21.pdf

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I find it weird that a school district in a small town has its own police department. Here in Az i don't think any school districts have their own department. The bigger universities do though.
    As far as I know it is larger college/university here in KY and tend to think that isn't a great idea, although it is rare for then to make the news in anyway.

School districts I first heard about having police forces in the last 2 years by way of their making news by dragging pissed off parents out of school board meetings when the rulers didn't want their input(in addition to sheriff's offices and police agencies doing the same.)

Looked like a concept that deserved to be eliminated the first time they made news hauling parents off due to their views and even more so now.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 06-23-22 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

I've read that the Uvalde CISD was only six officers and going to their website only shows five profile pics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My brother is a maintenance director for a Florida County School system.

The biggest security problem they have is with teachers propping open doors that are supposed to remain closed.

They always have an excuse, but it's gotten so bad that they've had to alarm the doors to alert if they are left open more than a specific period of time. (There are occasionally legit reasons to use those doors to go outside, but not to be propped open)

It's also a risk that a student or even teacher can open the door for someone bypassing the normal security safeguards to prevent unauthorized folks from entering the building.
    University I worked for had an alarm system on a lot of doors that alerted our 911 dispatchers. We had to go find, search the area, and secure the doors. Unfortunately the way the system was set up it basically only gave you a building and vague location (X Building, 2nd floor, lab or something similar in the science building with 10 labs on that floor), so sometimes finding the actual door took a lot longer than it should have, and if it was closed before you got there, our system was not updated, so you were searching for a door that was propped open when you were dispatched, but secured before you arrived with no way of knowing it was secured, or exactly where it was. This quickly became very frustrating.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The ISD/PD has 6 officers. Arredondo had more stars on his shoulders than he had cops.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Theory is dedicated ISD/PD would better serve the ISD and cops would be better trained and skilled for the ISD. Like know how doors work and have key and practice entry techniques. Obviously an abject failure

Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast