Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Mod 0 - nothing to complain about!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    M4C is broken
    Not the fault of the owner , though.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Honestly I’ll take docsherm and his liking of knowledge in a goddam firefight in the Bluff anyday with his kit over some lameass BCM build and the whole “akchually” vanilla culture that goes along with it.

Big facts.

Go stake that castle nut.

Peace.
    Steak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    No one personally attacked you, so get off it. Your posts literally make no sense. You claim vast knowledge of BCM and shills, etc... yet you offer nothing.

You seem to compare PSA to BCM at every chance and virtually proclaiming they are equal yet you have no knowledge of BCM, what they make or what they buy, etc..

I then give another reference to substandard PSA parts/assembly and you want to dismiss it.
    I was going to take it to PM but since you asked ........

My point is that those that speak the loudest in defense of BCM have BOTH admitted to receiving payments from BCM. If I am wrong please correct me.

That is my point. It is not possible to get an unbiased opinion when there is a conflict of interest.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Pat Rogers was banned from here. That says a lot and one of main reasons i am here.
    You. In the street at noon. Bring your friends. How dare you. You are hereby kicked out of consideration for a lego action figure.

(If it says anything for me, I was banned from Lightfighter)

Seriously, I'm sure Pat Rogers was a good guy in his own way, and I'm sorry he passed, but he, as I've said before, he played to the crowd too much for my taste.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-15-19 at 16:14.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Maybe we should take some time off and get out to relax a wee bit. Son is in town, enjoying the time off, it's short boys--

Had to put this one back in, shrimp thief!

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

I was sent this thread and only quickly scanned it.

BCM rifles are not rebranded anything. Any statement alluding to that is false.
    The Gunfighters in BCM’s Gunfighter program are NOT paid. Any statement alluding to that is false.
    Also slanderous to their character and integrity. Anyone is welcome to ask any of them. Please take one of their classes and discuss at length.
    (Full disclosure: BCM has sponsored Vickers Tactical TV since its first year in 2011, I think?, even when he was working with DD)

BCM has its own engineering, prints, TDP, production lines, and industry leading QC/QA system. Some of the most significant parts of our QA system has been adopted into parts of the USGI supply chain, which we were happy to provide freely.

Any BCM “Blem” is a COSMETIC Blem. A mechanical blem at BCM is called scrap.

BCM products are in use by US Forces, OGAs, DOD and Fed contractors, US allies, law enforcement, and great freedom loving Americans.

Cutting out the office now for Fathers Day Weekend. Hope everyone has a good one.

All the best,
    Paul
    Last edited by BravoCompanyUSA; 06-15-19 at 16:15.

For the Worlds Best Gunfighter Training
    Please visit http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/gunfighters

www.BravoCompanyUSA.com

www.BravoCompanyMFG.com

1 - 877 - BRAVO CO

Semper Fi !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    If a company sells Blems be suspicious about the rest of their products. That means they are so bad that they know people will catch them.
    I'm late to this parade, hope you are still here to read this.

I've predominantly used BCM stripped blem/demo uppers in builds. Probably at least a dozen or so by now. They are IMO, an excellent value for the price. I've really never found a blem, nor evidence of them being demo's and therefore, presumably being disassembled. And if they were demos, what happened to the logo? Granted, my purchase of a dozen or so, does not necessarily mean I've gotten anything but blems.

After giving it some thought, and, please understand, I have nothing concrete to back this up, I believe the blem/demo stripped uppers are a way for BCM to move product at a lower price by simply leaving off the BCM logo. Of course, I could be full of po po.

I'm happy with them, though, and will continue to buy use them as my go to stripped upper.

My only disappointment is that I've used Green Mountain, Sionics, Ballistic Advantage, Faxon (IIRC) and WOA barrels on various builds, and I've never had to heat the receiver to get the extension to seat.

Oh, well, I'm happy.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoCompanyUSA View Post
    I was sent this thread and only quickly scanned it.

BCM rifles are not rebranded anything. Any statement alluding to that is false.
    The Gunfighters in BCM’s Gunfighter program are NOT paid. Any statement alluding to that is false.
    Also slanderous to their character and integrity. Anyone is welcome to ask any of them. Please take one of their classes and discuss at length.
    (Full disclosure: BCM has sponsored Vickers Tactical TV since its first year in 2011, I think?, even when he was working with DD)

BCM has its own engineering, prints, TDP, production lines, and industry leading QC/QA system. Some of the most significant parts of our QA system has been adopted into parts of the USGI supply chain, which we were happy to provide freely.

Any BCM “Blem” is a COSMETIC Blem. A mechanical blem at BCM is called scrap.

BCM products are in use by US Forces, OGAs, DOD and Fed contractors, US allies, law enforcement, and great freedom loving Americans.

Cutting out the office now for Fathers Day Weekend. Hope everyone has a good one.

All the best,
    Paul
    BRAVO!
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Maybe I'm a sucker and should dumpster dive to a PSA because fanbois say so. Maybe I'm a cheapskate and should buy more expensive stuff because fanbois say so.
    This was posted on ARFCOM by the guy that runs Battlefield Las Vegas, when he's talking round counts on these PSA's he is talking full auto round counts:

As for people have asked about the Palmetto State Armory uppers, another one of the PSA bolts broke yesterday as well. It was in a 11.5" upper and the bolt cracked in half at the cam pin section. This particular complete upper assembly went into service on 14 MAR 15. I checked the maintenance log and less than one month after the rifle going on the line, it had to have a cam pin replaced (cracked) and the extractor replaced on 02 APR 15. The weapon was taken out of service on 25 MAY 15 for "short stroking" by the RSO's. After an armorer had a chance to examine the rifle, it was actually a broken gas key in addition to two of the gas key eroding away. A new gas key and gas rings were installed and it went back into service. The staff didn't make any additional notes (other than headspace which was still good to go) during the days of maintenance until the bolt broke yesterday.

The PSA rifle is more of a "favorite" of the guys because they are fairly new, still look clean (though looking clean has ZERO to do with function and ALL about the customer's perception of a good or bad gun) and give a big flash and bang for the customer experience. It has seen almost daily service since going into service in March. We started doing the numbers on this rifle and here's a quick breakdown on a fair to conservative break down on round count.

It's fair to say that every M4 on the line sees a minimum of 250 rounds per day (and that's being VERY conservative). Take that number and average that to six days a week because they take it out of service one day each week for cleaning and maintenance (even then, once cleaned it goes directly back on the line). That would give us 26 days per month of use and it almost made it 6 complete months until the bolt completely broke. That averages out to 39,000 rounds of use for that upper assembly until the bolt broke and suffered a complete catastrophic failure. Because the bolt did break, the armorers checked the throat erosion (no issues) because they wanted to see for themselves how well it's handled.

We talked about the quality of the upper as a whole after all the notes were written down in the maintenance log. They asked me my opinion about the quality and if I would purchase more. I told them for what I paid for the complete upper (it's the "premium" model with the CHF barrel), the amount of use we got out of it AND that we will still get use out of it with the addition of another bolt, I would definitely purchase more.

I'm not thinking PSA is the Bugatti of AR parts and accessories, just as the aren't the Yugo. What they are is middle of the road acceptable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmonster View Post
    Thought I would post a positive post about my Bravo Company Mod 0 rifle I bought new a few years ago. Was cleaning it this weekend after an AR competition we have at my club once a month, and realized I have over 3,000 rounds through it!

It has run perfect from day one! I have not had one FTF or FTE in over 3K rounds. Always goes bang. Only mods are a Magpul sling and an Aimpoint PRO red dot sight. It has been fed factory PMC and Federal .223 ammo. I clean it every 500-600 rounds or so. When taking it apart, the tail of the bolt isn't too carbon'd up (never took a tool to it), the gas rings look good, the barrel cleans up quickly with WipeOut, etc.

Just for fun, I did order this weekend a new extractor, extractor spring and rubber, gas rings, cam pin and cotter pin for the firing pin from BCM. None of these items are excessively worn, just a little preventative maint. on the BCG to go another 3-4K rounds.

Couldn't be happier with the BCM carbine!! Sorry, nothing to complain about
    Congrats on owning a fine BCM product. The performance is what I would expect from BCM. I have a Jack Carbine and a Mid-16 Mod 2 that are superb weapons. I have been using BCM products, including barrels, for several years and have never been let down.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast