Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Optic

Feedback Score

Which Optic

I’m trying to decide between the following Optics.

Trijicon TR-24 Accupoint 1-4x24(BAC post)
    Trijicon TR-25 Accupoint 1-6x24 (BAC post)
    Primary Arms 1-6x25 ACSS
    ELCAN Spectre DR 1-4 ADS 556

For the LPVOs they will be SFP which is fine as it would very rare you use any in between state so I’m not worried about the issues with SFP

I really LOVE the ACSS reticle of the PA 1-6.

I love the no battery of the trijicons but I understand the limitations of the tritium in dark areas (think home defense at night) and I don’t care for the reticles

I like everything about the ELCAN except the the A.R.M.S. throw levers (seriously why?). They are not a deal breaker as I guess I can zip tie them in place but I know I’ll have to re-zero if I remove the optic but that would be pretty rare.

I’m leaning towards the PA ACSS 1-6 LPVO as it is cheaper and if I’m not happy with a variable optic I haven’t spent too much money and it’s easier to resell.

Then I’d just go with the T2.

I should add this is going on a 11.5 pistol and use is HD/SHTF. The idea of having the ability to “zoom” is not necessarily for engagement but more for identification and ranging (hence the ACSS and ELCAN reticle love).

I’m looking for why you chose or recommend any of these optics or if I should consider (not interested in flip to side 3x mags. I know too many people (including SF) who end up just removing them as they get annoyed with them.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Paterno is about as innocent as Eric Holder in F&F...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Choice for that use case and platform would be to go straight to the T2 or equivalent.

Feedback Score
    Similar use case for me and i went with the delta stryker 1-6 in badger 1.7 mount with offset red dot zeroed in close.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run an MRO on one and a 1-4X TR24 with (Green) BAC on one.
    The BAC works for my purposes, but the reticle is tough to use, certainly past 300 yds.- it obscures the entire target.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If only there were an Optics Forum around here, maybe sponsored by Primary Arms or something.

I'd go T-2 Micro.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    If only there were an Optics Forum around here, maybe sponsored by Primary Arms or something.

I'd go T-2 Micro.
    Sorry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What are you ranging inside your home?? The extra weight makes an LPVO a poor choice for HD work. Aimpoint and move on.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What does your imagined “SHTF” look like? Why did you choose an 11.5 over a 14.5 or 16?

The optics you listed have a huge spread in cost and capability. Perhaps there’s something that would better fit your use and budget.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    For HD go with the T2, or an Eotech.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    An LPVO on an 11.5" HD pistol doesn't make any sense at all to me. I suggest running a T2.

Mine has an MRO, but it's eventually going to get an Aimpoint Duty RDS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast