Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms Lightweight Barrel Accuracy

Feedback Score

Centurion Arms Lightweight Barrel Accuracy

I recently bought a Centurion Arms Lightweight Complete rifle and I’m consistently getting 3-4 MOA (5 shot groups) using an EOTech EXPS 2-0. My first 3 shots I’m assuming end up in the 2-2.5 MOA range and then I throw a couple. I’m using IWI M193 55gr ball ammo. In the past I was able to get about 2 MOA with a 6920 and an Aimpoint PRO shooting Wolf Gold and figured this would shoot as good or better, but that hasn’t been the case.

How is everyone’s rifles holding up accuracy wise?

Is this unreasonable to expect better accuracy for a general purpose rifle with a holo sight? I’m thinking about trying other types of ammo and getting a magnifier down the road.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus15; 10-30-20 at 05:41.

Feedback Score
    Just try different ammo if it’s holding you back in some way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    I recently bought a Centurion Arms Lightweight Complete rifle and I’m consistently getting 3-4 MOA (5 shot groups) using an EOTech EXPS 2-0. My first 3 shots I’m assuming end up in the 2-2.5 MOA range and then I throw a couple. I’m using IWI M193 55gr ball ammo. In the past I was able to get about 2 MOA with a 6920 and an Aimpoint PRO shooting Wolf Gold and figured this would shoot as good or better, but that hasn’t been the case.

How is everyone’s rifles holding up in the accuracy dept.?

Is this unreasonable accuracy for a general purpose rifle with a holo sight? I’m thinking about trying other types of ammo and getting a magnifier down the road.
    At what distance? If you’re shooting groups to determine precision at 100 with a red dot, you’re behind the curve already.

Try different ammo as suggested. Some barrels just don’t like certain things. No one really knows what the spec for accuracy of your ammo is. If it’s true M193 then you are within it’s acceptable accuracy parameters.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Sorry - this is at 100 yds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus15 View Post
    Sorry - this is at 100 yds.
    These results could easily be within your wobble zone which you can’t necessarily monitor using a red dot at 100.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Mine shoots 1.3” 10-shot groups with fed fusion 62gr consistently. Using a 1-4x optic
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-29-20 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    At what distance? If you’re shooting groups to determine precision at 100 with a red dot, you’re behind the curve already.

Try different ammo as suggested. Some barrels just don’t like certain things. No one really knows what the spec for accuracy of your ammo is. If it’s true M193 then you are within it’s acceptable accuracy parameters.
    I made a mistake. I’m actually shooting PPU M193. Not sure if this is true to spec or not.

What would a good starting point be as far as selecting a round that may perform better. M855? I’m not looking for match stuff just something that’ll shoot better than 4 MOA.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Don't remember if this is PMC Xtac 55 gr or Fiocchi 62 grain ball at 100

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Don't remember if this is PMC Xtac 55 gr or Fiocchi 62 grain ball at 100

Damn. I’d love to see that kind of accuracy out of mine.

Feedback Score
    How many rounds have you out through the barrel? The accuracy could change after the first 500 rounds in my experience.

Also just like others mentioned above, don't worry about your groups if your using a Holo sight or red dot. I have seen some people shoot 1 MOA with irons, but that is outstanding and not common.

I managed 4-5 MOA using a red dot on a particular rifle shooting 193. I switched to an ACOG and immediately tightened up to 2MOA with the same ammo.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast