Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Cannabis Discussion

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    The same here also. We all wish him well. Four years can be an eternity in pain. I would think the edibles are so much less toxic than anything with equal effectiveness
    He tried an ecig form but it mainly just got him high. The edibles are really easy for him to dose out and controlled.

He feels better about eating a gummie then smoking, ha ha.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    I'm against the average joe just getting high all the time, but for medical reason I'm all for it.
    I'm glad your grandfather found some help, but why do you care what people do?

It's called freedom. If some random dude wants to get baked out of his gourd and eat dorritos, who gives a ****. I don't...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    I'm glad your grandfather found some help, but why do you care what people do?

It's called freedom. If some random dude wants to get baked out of his gourd and eat dorritos, who gives a ****. I don't...
    It’s what I call self righteous bs...people of get substance abuse mixed up with prescribed drugs or proper drug use. I’ve met people who only smoke a stick of cigarette at night and they are happy. Helps them relax

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by miyagi View Post
    It’s what I call self righteous bs...people of get substance abuse mixed up with prescribed drugs or proper drug use. I’ve met people who only smoke a stick of cigarette at night and they are happy. Helps them relax
    I understand freedom and I understand what being self righteous is. Neither of which I believe I have given either of you enough information to make any kind of decision about me with.

I stated what I believe, nothing of which I have said YOU must follow. I have also not judged anyone in this thread.

But you go ahead being all judgmental and all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    An animal study, but very interesting. If it can be reproduced in humans, potentially an important find:

A chronic low dose of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) restores cognitive function in old mice

Nature Medicine volume 23, pages 782–787 (2017)
    Cognitive ageingEpigenetics in the nervous system

Abstract

The balance between detrimental, pro-aging, often stochastic processes and counteracting homeostatic mechanisms largely determines the progression of aging. There is substantial evidence suggesting that the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is part of the latter system because it modulates the physiological processes underlying aging1,2. The activity of the ECS declines during aging, as CB1 receptor expression and coupling to G proteins are reduced in the brain tissues of older animals3,4,5 and the levels of the major endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG) are lower6.

However, a direct link between endocannabinoid tone and aging symptoms has not been demonstrated. Here we show that a low dose of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) reversed the age-related decline in cognitive performance of mice aged 12 and 18 months. This behavioral effect was accompanied by enhanced expression of synaptic marker proteins and increased hippocampal spine density. THC treatment restored hippocampal gene transcription patterns such that the expression profiles of THC-treated mice aged 12 months closely resembled those of THC-free animals aged 2 months.

The transcriptional effects of THC were critically dependent on glutamatergic CB1 receptors and histone acetylation, as their inhibition blocked the beneficial effects of THC. Thus, restoration of CB1 signaling in old individuals could be an effective strategy to treat age-related cognitive impairments.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.4311
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In vitro, but potentially very important finding as it applies to the pathogenesis of alzheimer's disease:

Amyloid proteotoxicity initiates an inflammatory response blocked by cannabinoids

The beta amyloid (Aβ) and other aggregating proteins in the brain increase with age and are frequently found within neurons. The mechanistic relationship between intracellular amyloid, aging and neurodegeneration is not, however, well understood.

We use a proteotoxicity model based upon the inducible expression of Aβ in a human central nervous system nerve cell line to characterize a distinct form of nerve cell death caused by intracellular Aβ. It is shown that intracellular Aβ initiates a toxic inflammatory response leading to the cell's demise. Aβ induces the expression of multiple proinflammatory genes and an increase in both arachidonic acid and eicosanoids, including prostaglandins that are neuroprotective and leukotrienes that potentiate death.

Cannabinoids such as tetrahydrocannabinol stimulate the removal of intraneuronal Aβ, block the inflammatory response, and are protective. Altogether these data show that there is a complex and likely autocatalytic inflammatory response within nerve cells caused by the accumulation of intracellular Aβ, and that this early form of proteotoxicity can be blocked by the activation of cannabinoid receptors.

Full paper:

https://www.nature.com/articles/npjamd201612
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-02-18 at 15:50.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This has been a great thread so far. Im very interested in finding out more.
    The scientific community seems to be at odds with big pharma over this.
    Like anything you medicate with, it can be abused, unfortunately it's a valid possibility.
    Like I said earlier follow the money.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This has been a great thread so far. Im very interested in finding out more.
    The scientific community seems to be at odds with big pharma over this.
    Like anything you medicate with, it can be abused, unfortunately it's a valid possibility.
    Like I said earlier follow the money.
    Even since I started the thread, a lot of interesting stuff has developed as I expected. I think "we aint seen nothing yet"
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting finding here that may (as it's a survey not a study...) suggest just how powerful CBDs can be for some. One must also interpret these findings with caution: someone able to get off say an opioid due to CBD is great, stopping say a BP med because you think it will lower BP without medical supervision, could go very badly. Interesting and potentially promising finding, but more data is needed as to exactly where CBDs are medically useful and where they are not:

"The most common reasons people used CBD were to treat insomnia, depression, anxiety and joint pain, according to Dr. Perry Solomon, the Chief Medical Officer of HelloMD. Forty-two percent of the CBD users said they had stopped using traditional medications like Tylenol pain relievers or prescription drugs like Vicodin and had switched to using cannabis instead. Eighty percent said that they found the products to be “very or extremely effective.” Only 3% or less found the product to be either ineffectual or only slightly effective."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/debrabo.../#1e071e432817
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    http://www.jewishpress.com/news/isra...il/2018/06/06/

Read the whole article as it is very informative

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast