Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Vaccine Status Thread

Feedback Score
    I recently got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine so I can travel overseas.

It gave me a bad headache the first night and the next morning. I also had a very mild fever the next morning. I took Tylenol and it knocked the fever out. That afternoon I felt fine. It really was not a big deal.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I took both doses of the Pfizer in March. By mid-April, years of Tinnitus seemed to have diminished or almost totally gone away. I am on no other drugs, and prior to the Pfizer doses, nothing since the late Summer and early Fall when I did the two dose Shingles vaccine, and a Tetanus shot. I already have some hearing loss that is Army related in the left ear, but the Tinnitus has been in both years. I wasn't just a sudden revelation, but a gradual realization that it was nearly gone. Since mid-April, I would say about a 90% reduction in that problem, and I am extremely happy. I would be a total fool to think that the two dose Pfizer did something to alter it, but it was the only variable I can come up with.

One thing I am finding is people are going off the charts wacko when they encounter anyone who has taken the COVID vaccines. I have never seen such a visceral hatred and seething rage when gun forum so-called Conservatives are attacking others of the same political beliefs regarding taking the vaccine. It has gone as far as making lists and trying to out people with their personal info on various forums. I could care less if someone takes the vaccines or not. It's not that big of a deal for me, and I think that as traditional American Conservatives, we've got bigger problems in our society that we are going to face. That's a kind of evil with attacking people, I thought was the tactic of the Communist Left. I guess when you go to the extreme fringe of any belief system, it starts getting weird.
    A good side effect of the vaccines? Interesting!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We lost two more friends to COVID-19. One man was 64 years old and the other was 67. They were both in average health, with no known co-morbidities. The 64 year old lasted just over one month in the hospital. The 67 year old lasted just under three weeks. Both died in hospitals in the greater St. Louis area. Neither were vaccinated to my knowledge.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    We lost two more friends to COVID-19. One man was 64 years old and the other was 67. They were both in average health, with no known co-morbidities. The 64 year old lasted just over one month in the hospital. The 67 year old lasted just under three weeks. Both died in hospitals in the greater St. Louis area. Neither were vaccinated to my knowledge.
    Sorry to hear that. If one is in decent shape and has decent genes, 60s is really not old.

Maybe we can finally dispense with the "It's just the flu" comments?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    When could these vaccines have general approval rather than Emergency Use Authorization?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    When could these vaccines have general approval rather than Emergency Use Authorization?
    Pfizer applied for full approval in early May (ages 16 and older) Moderna just applied a week or so ago (ages 18 and older). Just a WAG... but I wouldn't be surprised if full approval is granted before the end of summer.

Feedback Score
    Had a mild case of Covid in January. I attribute my mild case to the fact that I am pretty physically active, due to mt biking and the gym and the fact that I have been taking extra Vitamin D3 and Zinc for some time now.

Got the J&J vaccine in May. No reactions to vaccine at all, except a sore arm for a few days.
    Last edited by brickboy240; 06-10-21 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Pfizer applied for full approval in early May (ages 16 and older) Moderna just applied a week or so ago (ages 18 and older). Just a WAG... but I wouldn't be surprised if full approval is granted before the end of summer.
    I read today it will take 6+ months to get through the approval hoops.

I don’t remember what source it was, but one of the articles I read said the delay has nothing to do with concerns or the science behind the vaccine - it’s the .gov bureaucracy.

The other comment I found interesting was a by an expert that those who are concerned with the emergency, non-FDA approved status of the vaccine as a reason not to get it, it’s widely felt in the vaccine community (my words and interpretation) that “they” know more about this vaccine than almost any other existing approved vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What about liability? I don't like the waivers for EUA vaccines.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    I read today it will take 6+ months to get through the approval hoops.

I don’t remember what source it was, but one of the articles I read said the delay has nothing to do with concerns or the science behind the vaccine - it’s the .gov bureaucracy.

The other comment I found interesting was a by an expert that those who are concerned with the emergency, non-FDA approved status of the vaccine as a reason not to get it, it’s widely felt in the vaccine community (my words and interpretation) that “they” know more about this vaccine than almost any other existing approved vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last I heard, they still don't know when or how often people will need boosters so I find that hard to believe.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 34 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast