Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to upgrade NVGs? (binos, WP, etc)

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yeah idk about all that 300 guys stuff.

I personally have shot with 10. I doubt I know 3% of all NV equipped and knowledgeable shooters in the US.

Every Marine since GWOT started has had NV training with lasers (1m+) Every Marine who’s even done 10% more than the baseline knows the advantages of passive vs active, IR laser discipline, zeroing procedures, etc.

When Hurricanes take power out it’s interesting seeing the types of people wandering in the streets. It’s not just a “SHTF” thing.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ok cool, make me feel poor for not even knowing people with NODs.

On a real note, I’d be surprised if anyone besides our 11 series use PEQs in BCT and AIT. We did one fam fire back in 2011, I want to say they did a rough zero on 10 M4s and rotated people through them for a few rounds which is bullshit. Hopefully that’s improved now that they’re adding two more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    If you have more than two ARs, offload one and get a 14. Ride the poverty lightning in style.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

On a real note, I’d be surprised if anyone besides our 11 series use PEQs in BCT and AIT. We did one fam fire back in 2011, I want to say they did a rough zero on 10 M4s and rotated people through them for a few rounds which is bullshit. Hopefully that’s improved now that they’re adding two more months.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Reasons to upgrade NVGs? (binos, WP, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    If you have more than two ARs, offload one and get a 14. Ride the poverty lightning in style.
    I’ve had to send back my last three uppers - a Noveske, BCM, and then my brand new KAC. I never liked the one is none expression, but I’m 100% a believer in backup guns. Plus there are two shooters in my house, so I need four. Also with the market this soft, I’d be lucky to get enough to cover half the cost of a 14. Pistols are next before I go to NOD but at least I should be getting 15s or PSQs at my next job I think.

Last edited by Wake27; 07-06-19 at 14:36.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'd probably agree. I only had the 15s for a few nights and they were incredible, but I can't imagine dropping that much money on a single item for recreational use unless I had stupid amounts of spending money. Then again, I know TNVC does financing and if I didn't have any other debts, maybe. A big part of that would probably be that I'd still use them at work though.
    He has stupid amounts of money. His screen name is Eurodriver and he already own 14's is a clue. Just saying.

Guys how do you bridge two 14's, throwing them on a helmet? Anybody got a pic? Euro is going to hurt my pocketbook if he keeps this up.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-06-19 at 16:00.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

What kind of units have you been in? I was a medic in 10MTN and the 82 back in the 1990s before i went into SOF and everyone shot with a PEQ4s and PVS7Bs. Our supply guys and mechanics and even the PAC jokers. Hell, even our FSB folks did becuse i have coverd their rangers so their medics could shoot. ........ what kind of unit sre you in? Like a COSCOM or something? Not trying to be a jerk or anything. Just wondering if Big Army has truly sh!t the bed on training.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I can confirm that a basic Army Reserve engineer company, holds annual weapons qualifications with night time tables using PEQ-15’s and PVS-14’s with standard M4 configurations. I won’t go much into detail on what else they’re capable of doing under nods on a regular basis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    What kind of units have you been in? I was a medic in 10MTN and the 82 back in the 1990s before i went into SOF and everyone shot with a PEQ4s and PVS7Bs. Our supply guys and mechanics and even the PAC jokers. Hell, even our FSB folks did becuse i have coverd their rangers so their medics could shoot. ........ what kind of unit sre you in? Like a COSCOM or something? Not trying to be a jerk or anything. Just wondering if Big Army has truly sh!t the bed on training.
    I was just talking about basic and AIT since I assumed euro’s post about every Marine getting time on them was referencing boot camp. My story was from OSUT in 2011 but my DS were lazy. They didn’t even teach us how to shoot, they took us to the EST, then just gave us the M4s and told us to go.

More to your actual question, I’ve spent all of my active time in an IBCT. Most of that was in the brigade support battalion but one year was in the forward support company of an IN BN. Whether it was the FSC or BSB, neither of those units were MTOE’d PEQs. We had a mix of 7s and 14s, and thermals for the MGs, but no PEQs of any type. The last BSB CDR before I left pushed for a while and we were finally able to buy 10 for our base defense guys which is a start, but I’m surprised we weren’t at least MTOE’d PEQ 2s. The struggle is real when you’re trying to use the chevron from your ACOG on your open eye and a 14 on the other eye to have a decent aiming solution against Geronimo.

The few days I had with 15s was in direct support of SOF at a JRTC rotation and they were bros so they hooked me up.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    He has stupid amounts of money. His screen name is Eurodriver and he already own 14's is a clue. Just saying.

Guys how do you bridge two 14's, throwing them on a helmet? Anybody got a pic? Euro is going to hurt my pocketbook if he keeps this up.

PB
    There are numerous options to bridge two 14s. Nothing in the NV world is cheap and honestly you do typically get what you pay for in this arena. Here are just a few examples which should give you an idea if you click on the photos and look through all of them.

https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-binocul...s-14-dovetail/

https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-pvs-14-no...vetail-npbm-d/

https://tnvc.com/shop/n-vision-advan...-bridge-mount/

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast