Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: I am pi$$ed off and don't know what to do about it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I still have the lens in a drawer. The glass looks yellow/red depending on the angle it's viewed at.

The physics of what's causing it are above my Trigonometry-based Physics and Georgia public education level of comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Thanks for the correction and education.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Thank you. I've just been introduced to the concept of fluorescence microscopy, so a practical application of a dichroic mirror/filter is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Thank you. I've just been introduced to the concept of fluorescence microscopy, so a practical application of a dichroic mirror/filter is appreciated.
    you and I both know those are made up words.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    you and I both know those are made up words.
    They really are just making shit up at this point.

"Just put whatever you want here, they'll memorize anything"
    Last edited by GTF425; 01-26-22 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    In one of my posts above I posted a link of a review that says ambient light does squat for that solar thing.
    In another post I also stated that people claim its a failsafe, but again if its a failsafe and the ambient light doesn't do much, that means in a vehicle, building, etc, etc it will be useless, aka a gimmick.
    You might want to go back and reread the article you posted a link to. It doesn't say what you think it says. Since I doubt you will, here are the relevant bits:

The Holosun SCS uses a Grade 5 titanium housing that's lighter and stronger than aluminum and features a reticle that offers a 2-MOA dot and 32-MOA circle available in either red or green. Oh yeah, and its Solar Failsafe system sucks in ambient light to charge an internal battery. Holosun tells us it can charge rapidly during regular range time and maintenance sessions with the internal battery, which is able to store a 20,000-hour (2.28 year) charge in the total absence of light.

"So, if you are in a troll cave, you never see light, you never start a fire, this is the sight for you," Adam Litke, a competition 3-Gun shooter with Holosun, told Guns.com. Litke told us he has been running the first-gen prototype on the sight for over eight months with good reports and stresses that the SCS is easily usable with night vision.
    It "sucks in" ambient light, charging the battery. It doesn't "suck" in ambient light. Meaning it "draws in" ambient light, not that it "does poorly" in ambient light. That post is literally the exact opposite of what you think it means.

I'm sure you'll find some other articles to post, the internet is big, after all, but most reports on the solar failsafe not being great tend to be on older models, or on sights that got repaired/replaced under warranty. Not surprising for a newer-ish company making innovations in their product line. And again, even if the damn things work only a small fraction of the time, they're still better than the non-existent equivalent on American-made optics.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    You might want to go back and reread the article you posted a link to. It doesn't say what you think it says. Since I doubt you will, here are the relevant bits:

It "sucks in" ambient light, charging the battery. It doesn't "suck" in ambient light. Meaning it "draws in" ambient light, not that it "does poorly" in ambient light. That post is literally the exact opposite of what you think it means.

I'm sure you'll find some other articles to post, the internet is big, after all, but most reports on the solar failsafe not being great tend to be on older models, or on sights that got repaired/replaced under warranty. Not surprising for a newer-ish company making innovations in their product line. And again, even if the damn things work only a small fraction of the time, they're still better than the non-existent equivalent on American-made optics.
    That was the first article in a search and no I didn't read it I saw highlighted it sucks and stopped skimming.

A quick search on this forum shows a bunch of threads with broke holoson products, not even close to the mention if broke Trijicon or Leupold sights, but apparently that does not matter.

There are two posts in this thread showing defective sights.
    One said he sent one email and it's fixed, the other said he sent multiple emails and it came back still defective.
    That I feel is karma.

I give up if you guys want to sell out this country and buy 100% Chinese stuff, it just shows how lost this country is.

Feedback Score

I give up if you guys want to sell out this country and buy 100% Chinese stuff, it just shows how lost this country is.
    I for the last 2 years have been vocal about being anti Chinese and even spent time and effort to try and not buy things made in China. I gave up because it is impossible to not buy Chinese in the USA today.

I have called for Congress to pass laws to make it criminal to do business in China. Damn I am pissed at Trump for not nuking Chinese cities.

But members of Congress will not pass such a law for they are making way too much money off China and it's American partners.

So the fact that I have bought a Holosun 509T, does not mean I have sold out the country. The country has already been sold out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nobody in this entire thread made any indications of buying 100% Chinese stuff. So stop with the nonsense. And fact that you yourself are using Chinese stuff to post this dribble certainly doesn’t put you in the class of patriotic American that you’re portraying yourself as.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ll have to track those search results down; I haven’t seen much talk here about broken HS pistol dots. Unless you’d like to share the links.
    A quick search on this forum shows a bunch of threads with broke holoson products, not even close to the mention if broke Trijicon or Leupold sights, but apparently that does not matter.

*Snip Snip Snip Snip Snip Snip Snip Snip*

There are two posts in this thread showing defective sights.
    One said he sent one email and it's fixed, the other said he sent multiple emails and it came back still defective.
    If you go back a page or two in this thread, you’ll see a post about a broken RMR. Is that one of the broken sights in this thread that you are talking about? And I had to send mine back for dead tritium, right out of the box.

I’m not a HS fanboy…. Just trying to keep it intellectually honest.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ll have to track those search results down; I haven’t seen much talk here about broken HS pistol dots. Unless you’d like to share the links.

If you go back a page or two in this thread, you’ll see a post about a broken RMR. Is that one of the broken sights in this thread that you are talking about? And I had to send mine back for dead tritium, right out of the box.

I’m not a HS fanboy…. Just trying to keep it intellectually honest.
    I posted about a couple malfunctioning Holosuns, though they were both replaced within a couple of weeks. One was my first one from several years ago, and one was a buddy's. Both lower end models. Holosun upgraded mine to an HS515GM from the HS503 I sent in that is no longer manufactured. My buddy's is a HS503R.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast