Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: Preparation on a budget

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by U&A View Post
    Well are t you a narrow minded negative nancy. No need for YOU to worry about prepping for multiple scenarios including a long stay at home. Leave that up to us. You're welcome to leave your house at the slightest occurrence of any problem
    I think what he was trying to say, in not so many words, was that fitness also plays a big role in ones survival in a SHTF scenario.

Feedback Score
    Haha I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. Maybe its because I live in an urban environment that I am not thinking about the scenario of a guy who lives far away from neighbors and doesn't have to worry about anyone else coming to steal his stash. I stand corrected but still think the order of importance is knowledge and experience then fitness then stashes of extra gear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWrench173rdABCT View Post
    Haha I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. Maybe its because I live in an urban environment that I am not thinking about the scenario of a guy who lives far away from neighbors and doesn't have to worry about anyone else coming to steal his stash. I stand corrected but still think the order of importance is knowledge and experience then fitness then stashes of extra gear.
    I agree with you it makes a lot of sense I think I misunderstood your post a little bit as well the first time I read it. Out of all the classes I've attended fitness levels has always been the number one thing that people have a hard time with. I go to the gym five days a week and I still get tired hiking through my woods with the small pack and a rifle
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    Glad we're on the same page. I was just trying to stress the fact that you dont need a big budget or stash to be prepared. If you have some basic skills and can hike a few miles with a WASR, chest rig full of ammo, and a ruck with some supplies you will be much better off than the guy spending thousands on piles of ammo and rifles that never leave the safe.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Um gents . . .

This thread is about prepping on a budget, i.e. sharing deals, sales, advice on budget minded acquisitions.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For me personally..my first & MOST important prep, is WATER. Having it, knowing how & where to get it, how to make it potable & safe, and knowing several techniques & methods to do so. I have always drank large amounts of fluid, being Southern, a lot of tea, but also do water too. Ill run a waitress to death!
    Water first-without it you are a screwed pooch. With todays excellent tech, like Lifestraws for example, there are dozens of high quality products to help you make good clean water, as its my opinion one could not store enough to last a long amount of time.
    My biggest fear in a SHTF situation would be to go a long time without water, so Ive learned ways to get it.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    if you live where water aint everywhere (given a purifier) you'd best move (if you are a prepper) Cause dogs will smell it, hang around, and attract people, who will kill you for it. Same with stored food. I went with a dugout shelter, but the food is cached a bit away from it. I never want food in the shelter itself. The govt is the most likely threat. Just ask Randy Weaver, the Branch Davidians, or the MOVE people if govt will kill you! Your house, your land, or any place that can be researched and found to be associated with you is the last place you want your gear or food to be cached. your place can be occupied or bugged, or BB will just offer rewards to your neighbors for snitching when they notice you are there.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Dafuq!?

Quote Originally Posted by whilst View Post
    if you live where water aint everywhere (given a purifier) you'd best move (if you are a prepper) Cause dogs will smell it, hang around, and attract people, who will kill you for it. Same with stored food. I went with a dugout shelter, but the food is cached a bit away from it. I never want food in the shelter itself. The govt is the most likely threat. Just ask Randy Weaver, the Branch Davidians, or the MOVE people if govt will kill you! Your house, your land, or any place that can be researched and found to be associated with you is the last place you want your gear or food to be cached. your place can be occupied or bugged, or BB will just offer rewards to your neighbors for snitching when they notice you are there.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not sure if you call this a deal or not but this company http://www.usplastic.com/ has most of the fittings you find on things like Camelbak, Sawyer, et al. Where you pay $8 for a single fitting you get the exact same stuff in bulk for a lot less. Also a good source for glass or plastic bottles. Very friendly customer service.

Just someone you can put in your links list if you ever need a bunch of special fluid fittings and such. It is surprisingly hard to find a single source of fittings. I had to order bite valves from China but all else I was able to find at USPlastic. As far as I can tell they are a pro USA Christian business as well if that means anything to you.

Feedback Score
    the main threat is the govt. If you've never heard of what the feds did at waco, that's your problem, not mine.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast