Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Things gun guys say about ARs that make you cringe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    "An AR isn't powerful enough for home defense. You're better off with a 12 gauge or a .357/.44 mag revolver."
    Usually followed with "The 5.56 will go through three houses and kill your neighbors' 17 year old daughter in the next county!"
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I always like when someone asks me about a new AR company and all their website shows is guys in Multicam with beards and no actual specifications.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hate it when I advise my friend to buy a Colt 6920 for his first AR, then he buys one and tells me he put in an adjustable gas block and a cassette trigger and he's wondering why he's having cycling issues.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Awhile back, when prices on 6920s bottomed out, a friend asked what AR he should get. I told him call the LGS NOW and put the Colt on layaway. I told him if he didn't like it, I'd pay him what he paid for it. He did what I told him and hasn't asked me to buy it.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Awhile back, when prices on 6920s bottomed out, a friend asked what AR he should get. I told him call the LGS NOW and put the Colt on layaway. I told him if he didn't like it, I'd pay him what he paid for it. He did what I told him and hasn't asked me to buy it.
    Friends take and respect your advice.
    Everyone else is just an acquaintance.

Ask me for advice, dont follow it, and have issues = good luck. All my friends who have actually followed my suggestions have been happy with their purchases. Many thanks to this site as my experiences are much less than what has been shared here. Its allowed my to make good recommendations.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    People I know used to say "Hey Firefly might know go ask him about XYZ gun. He shoots"

In the intermittent years I have learned to hide my power level.

As far as anyone knows who knows me I only have a .38 and a bolt action which "doesn't count" in the South.

"Hey man watchoo know about AR15s?"

Absolutely nothing.

It's just not worth the amusing yet soul-crushing things people go on about.

And honestly, I have taken oodles of Armorers courses over the years but still dont consider myself an authority on squat.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziklag View Post
    If someone had made me realize that when first branching out from hunting guns, would've saved me a lot of time & money.
    Took me awhile to learn this too. Some trial and error on my part, but mostly lurking and reading a LOT on here.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    The term "Weapon system" when referring to an AR15 (or any firearm for that matter).

I'm going to start calling my car a "transportation system" and my toilet a "fecal matter disposal system" to illustrate just how awesome and hip they are..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Arguably weapon system makes sense.

A rifle is the base of it. Add on an optic or light, or both, ans you have a non-firearm component to your weapon.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    AR's are unreliable.
    AR's have to be cleaned every 5 rounds.
    AK's are not accurate.
    AK's never malfunction.

Feedback Score
    I’m a general & trauma surgeon. I was dealing with an annual gunshot wound from a hunting accident where a guy grabbed his loaded rifle by the muzzle & the trigger for hooked, safety off, BAM, guy gets shot in his thigh, missing everything important.

Radiologist who was “in-country for Vietnam “ tells me “it’s a damn good thing it wasn’t an M16 or AR15, the civilian version. The bullet tumbles end over end as soon as it leaves the muzzle, so it’s like a flying buzz saw & is designed to wound by lopping off limbs....

So, radiologists are supposed to be smarter than surgeons because of physics related to X-ray dosage, penetration, etc & I ask him to explain the aerodynamics of a projectile going end over end. I even wasted time explaining how it# more like a spiral football pass....he couldn’t explain it but noted: that’s what we were taught—why would they teach us wrong?

Blind faith & lack of critical thinking in a doctor—just what I don’t need....

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast