Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dot choices

Feedback Score
    Still rocking my Comp ML3 with a Larue QD mount. If it ain't broke...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Returning to the topic:

Does anyone use/love the Aimpoint CompM4 anymore? When I see an Aimpoint at Ben Avery or just out in the sticks it’s almost always a T2.
    -Yes.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I usually avoid commenting on comments about where a product is made verses its quality. I do find it interesting that some people are very concerned about where some Sig products are made but not where the Aimpoint (Sweden) or Steiner (Germany) or even their favorite Vortex (Japan or China based on model) is made. Trijicon is made in the USA.

I still have my M3, as well as the MRO (& my Steiner P4Xi). However, since I have more uppers than lowers I didn't want to spend that much extra cash for each upper. Therefore I picked up a couple of Sig Romeo 4Hs and have several thousand rounds through them without issue. They are smaller and lighter than the Aimpoint M3 but cheaper than the T2. The dot is very crisp for me, clearer than the Aimpoint or Eotech due to vision issues. Glass is clear even though I'm only looking for the red dot. It's not a scope. The T2 is great and I would love to own one just problematic at 3x the price for a range gun. Everyone should make up their mind based on their needs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2risky View Post
    I usually avoid commenting on comments about where a product is made verses its quality. I do find it interesting that some people are very concerned about where some Sig products are made but not where the Aimpoint (Sweden) or Steiner (Germany) or even their favorite Vortex (Japan or China based on model) is made. Trijicon is made in the USA.

I still have my M3, as well as the MRO (& my Steiner P4Xi). However, since I have more uppers than lowers I didn't want to spend that much extra cash for each upper. Therefore I picked up a couple of Sig Romeo 4Hs and have several thousand rounds through them without issue. They are smaller and lighter than the Aimpoint M3 but cheaper than the T2. The dot is very crisp for me, clearer than the Aimpoint or Eotech due to vision issues. Glass is clear even though I'm only looking for the red dot. It's not a scope. The T2 is great and I would love to own one just problematic at 3x the price for a range gun. Everyone should make up their mind based on their needs.
    Sweden, Germany,Japan are democratic nations, all with excellent records for quality materials and craftsmanship. China is a shithole. Nothing wrong with picking an optic based on your needs and how it performs for you. However, some of us prefer to put our morals ahead of our dollars and not buy garbage built in shithole countries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Sweden, Germany,Japan are democratic nations, all with excellent records for quality materials and craftsmanship. China is a shithole. Nothing wrong with picking an optic based on your needs and how it performs for you. However, some of us prefer to put our morals ahead of our dollars and not buy garbage built in shithole countries.
    You certainly have the right to feel that way. Hopefully not while typing on a MacBook, iPad or iPhone (all made in China) and wearing sneakers made in China. Got to stick with the program Ralph.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2risky View Post
    You certainly have the right to feel that way. Hopefully not while typing on a MacBook, iPad or iPhone (all made in China) and wearing sneakers made in China. Got to stick with the program Ralph.
    This is a disingenuous argument. Avoiding all Chinese manufactured items is impossible in modern life ( if you don’t believe me, read A Year Without Made In China, written 12 years ago), but when you have a choice between $150 and not enriching our strategic enemies, you should choose to buy American, or at least, some sort of mostly free nation. You will have a better sight as well.
    F the CCP
    Last edited by Aetius; 04-05-20 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    This is a disingenuous argument. Avoiding all Chinese manufactured items is impossible in modern life ( if you don’t believe me, read A Year Without Made In China, written 12 years ago), but when you have a choice between $150 and not enriching our strategic enemies, you should choose to buy American, or at least, some sort of mostly free nation. You will have a better sight as well.
    F the CCP
    There is another bigger picture way to look at this, which, for some reason, always gets missed by people with your point of view. Regardless of where it is made, a T1/2 or SF shouldn't cost what it does....period...and the reason it remains this way are caused by the same people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    There is another bigger picture way to look at this, which, for some reason, always gets missed by people with your point of view. Regardless of where it is made, a T1/2 or SF shouldn't cost what it does....period...and the reason it remains this way are caused by the same people.
    How much should Aimpoint or Trijicon charge for their sights? How would you go about setting the price?
    They are maximizing their profit. The companies that make Chinese optics are maximizing theirs.
    One is using free market labor and bearing the cost of innovation, the other is using questionable labor sources, other’s R&D, and spotty QC.
    As I said, it’s nearly impossible to avoid Chinese made goods entirely. When you have the choice on an luxury item, choose the free world.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    F the CCP
    I wasn't trying to start a debate here and don't want to continue one if that's what is happening. I was only trying to respond to the OP question. Both the Aimpoint and Trijicon are great optics but if someone can't afford those there are some other less expensive options (Vortex, Sig, Holosun) ignoring where they are made or where their parts are made. No where on the box does the Sig Romeo say that it was made in China. Instead it says assembled in Oregon, USA. But it had to be made somewhere. Earlier models were made in China. I have read that they are now using parts from Japan, but actually I don't know.

Fifteen years ago I worked for a company that moved one of its' manufacturing plants to China. I wasn't happy about it then and nothing has changed. As for optics, I did buy American. I have three Trijicon products. As for disingenuous, per your own comments, which optics are truly made in America and have no non-American parts?
    Not the Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    My Sig Romeo 4T says made in Japan underneath the mount. It was assembled in the USA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast