Thread: Ruger warranty service

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ruger warranty service

I have a Ruger 9e. It fired about 300 rounds and then failed to extract a couple of times. I requested warranty service. They paid shipping both ways. They replaced the extractor and the barrel. The chamber is mirror-polished as is the feed ramp, and where the feed ramp enters the chamber, it's radiused just a little bit and polished, Looked like pretty good custom work. It came back with a note saying what they had done, and that they had test-fired it. They had it in their shop less than a week.

This afternoon it fired a bunch of ammo flawlessly.

Pistol should not have failed, but Ruger appears to have taken care of it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Friend of mine is not exactly the world's best hand loader. He blew up his Ruger LC9 twice by double charging some 9 mm cases. Ruger fixed it for him free of charge both times and sent him a bunch of swag along with his repaired gun.
    Last edited by signal4l; 10-21-18 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a SR1911. I spent ~200rds trying to get it to work, trying various ammo, magazines and extractor adjustments. Nothing allowed it to feed an entire magazine (7-8rds) without a stoppage. So I finally got around to calling them. Overall very good: they sent me a prepaid label and paid shipping both ways. They didn't fully explain the problem but replaced the entire slide, and polished the feedramp areas of barrel and frame.

Bad: they "repaired extractor" but didn't replace it, and in fact made it so loose that cases fell off it and extraction was only 50/50. Fortunately I was able to adjust the extractor back to adequate tension and the gun now seems to be running 100%. They should have replaced that $20 part and made the gun truly work.

Overall I'm satisfied, and very glad I didn't have to pay $75 or so for shipping to them (the approximate cost for a non-licensee to ship by UPS or Fedex), but would have been happier if the gun had actually worked upon receipt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of our state agencies had Mini-14's (this took place before m4's were common as patrol rifles). During a weapons qual they noted that rounds were hitting the snow well short of the target line. They continued to fire and eventually one of their Mini's kaboomed.

Undaunted, they continued to march and blew another one.

Now if I was guessing, this was an ammo deal. They sent the rifles to Ruger and got new ones back.

In my experience Ruger was always great to work with.

Signal4l - did your buddy actually get the same weapon back, or did they replace it?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    One of our state agencies had Mini-14's (this took place before m4's were common as patrol rifles). During a weapons qual they noted that rounds were hitting the snow well short of the target line. They continued to fire and eventually one of their Mini's kaboomed.

Undaunted, they continued to march and blew another one.

Now if I was guessing, this was an ammo deal. They sent the rifles to Ruger and got new ones back.

In my experience Ruger was always great to work with.

Signal4l - did your buddy actually get the same weapon back, or did they replace it?
    They fixed the first one. Then replaced it

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ruger has great customer service and warranty.... out of necessity...

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    I have had two firearms go back to Ruger a Super Alaskan 454 Casull with a cylinder not properly true to the barrel. And a Ruger AR that the takedown pin was too tight to move. Both of these were repaired and returned in a timely manner.

Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly, Ruger got into quite the legal kurfluffle in the '70's or '80's and doesn't have a specific warranty as a result. What they do have is the policy of, "We'll make it right." And, they do.

I've received free stuff from them when I'm trying to buy it, such as MK II stocks when I didn't like what came with the gun.

Rugged and over built, but everything made by man can and will break at some point. When it does, Ruger stands behind it.

(No connection, yada yada.)