Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Prosecutes Ohio Man for AR Pistol with Brace

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

ATF Prosecutes Ohio Man for AR Pistol with Brace

Interesting write up of U.S. v. Wright, in which the northern Ohio man was charged with a series of violations regarding pistol brace. The ATF alleges that he added parts created a Short Barreled-Rifle, which the defendant did not register - https://www.range365.com/atf-prosecu...vRrmJM8M11pwsw

The Prince law firm article about all this - https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/10/2...zaL9Nk3ah4a5oA

MOD EDIT: he was found NOT guilty.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 10-31-18 at 13:33. Reason: the rest of the story.

Feedback Score
    I didn't see anything in the articles about if this was part of other charges? Why did they charge this guy? Lot's of braces out there. My guess is that they wanted him on something and this is what they could find, hoping that he might cop a plea.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I read on another site that he'd modified the brace by adding some type of rubber pad with paracord. If true, he may have got lucky because IIRC their stance since the original Sig brace hit the market was no modifications could be made.

Another reason to repeal the NFA entirely and let people put whatever barrel length they want on whatever lower they want with no govt involvement.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 10-31-18 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Another reason to repeal the NFA entirely and let people put whatever barrel length they want on whatever lower they want with no govt involvement.
    This. All day long. What the hell difference does it make if my barrel is 16" or 15"? Or 10"? Stupid stupid law.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In the blog it says the jury deliberated over lunch and found him not guilty.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think the major problem here is the government/ATF lawyers fought against the defense showing the determination letters from the ATF that braces were "okay" to the jury.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Every government employee that was involved in prosecuting this law abiding citizen on these stupid technicalities needs to be fired. What a ridiculous waste of time, money and resources.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    The 'pistols' with braces are an interesting option for those of us in states where the CCW is restricted to just handguns. Though I don't doubt that a Denver cop would crap himself if I had a Zenith MP5 clone with a brace slung under my jacket.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The 'pistols' with braces are an interesting option for those of us in states where the CCW is restricted to just handguns. Though I don't doubt that a Denver cop would crap himself if I had a Zenith MP5 clone with a brace slung under my jacket.
    That's the only reason to have an AR pistol, well- that and you can keep an AR pistol with a round chambered in the vehicle while transporting as well. Not so much for a rifle or Long gun.

I'm all for Abolishing the NFA. I'm all for abolishing 90% of the Federal alphabet agencies in existence as well.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 10-31-18 at 22:47.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast