Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Apparently the Canik TP9 is such a good PPQ clone....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m puzzled by the concept of buying a knock-off. Is the Canik superior in some way, or just cheaper?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    FWIW, Canik OEMs a lot of the Walther parts for them.
    This is false. Canik does not make a single part for Walther.

Feedback Score
    I did not know I was buying a knock off.

Even if I did I like the grip better.

It was a pleasant surprise.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I’m puzzled by the concept of buying a knock-off. Is the Canik superior in some way, or just cheaper?
    I bought my first Canik because I liked my P99 and the Canik was $250 NIB and I wanted to try it. I shot the Canik and it was nowhere near as snappy as the Walther. I got rid of my Walthers and still have a Canik. As a range toy it’s fine but you have Century arms supporting it. When I thought about it Walther isn’t known for being the model of customer support either. David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 11-01-18 at 05:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    This is false. Canik does not make a single part for Walther.
    @mrgunsngear you have a source? I would presume both of you have decent industry sources

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    @mrgunsngear you have a source? I would presume both of you have decent industry sources
    The head of marketing for Canik Turkey *not Canik USA* told me that 2 years ago at the NRA Show. I have no way to verify this since I haven't been to the plant but they do OEM lots of parts for NATO weapons systems employed by other countries---it's on the Canik Turkey site. So, it certainly wouldn't seem far off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The head of marketing for Canik Turkey *not Canik USA* told me that 2 years ago at the NRA Show. I have no way to verify this since I haven't been to the plant but they do OEM lots of parts for NATO weapons systems employed by other countries---it's on the Canik Turkey site. So, it certainly wouldn't seem far off.
    I got a “100% false” from Bret Vorhees who is the Director of Product Developement at Walther Arms and the authority on such matters within the United States. Definitely two conflicting claims, but marketing is not where I would personally turn to get technical questions answered.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 11-02-18 at 16:19.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I got a “100% false” from Bret Vorhees who is the Director of Product Developement at Walther Arms and the authority on such matters within the United States. Definitely two conflicting claims, but marketing is not where I would personally turn to get technical questions answered.
    Eh, it seems possible.

Here's how I see it: Is glock going to admit to you that their profit margins on the gen 5 are BIGGER than previous generations due to cheaping out on some areas? No.

Why would walther admit to using a somewhat controversial company to OEM parts for them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Eh, it seems possible.

Here's how I see it: Is glock going to admit to you that their profit margins on the gen 5 are BIGGER than previous generations due to cheaping out on some areas? No.

Why would walther admit to using a somewhat controversial company to OEM parts for them.

Lol marketing.
    Last edited by Business_Casual; 11-02-18 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I’m calling BS on this, 100%.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234