Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 safety issues

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAUSER202 View Post
    I don’t own a consumer 320, but an actual M17. I like it and have been considering a 320 for carry. These articles do make me think. I wonder with more than one instance in the same department if the duty holster they are using could be a factor?
    What are the incidences of this happening in other departments that use the the P320? If it happens across all departments I'd look at the gun. If it is clustered in departments, I'd look at their gear (holsters), training, mode of carry. etc. Why are certain departments having more problems? That sort of thing.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    What are the incidences of this happening in other departments that use the the P320? If it happens across all departments I'd look at the gun. If it is clustered in departments, I'd look at their gear (holsters), training, mode of carry. etc. Why are certain departments having more problems? That sort of thing.
    I was thinking this exact same thing. There are plenty of departments using the P320 and I haven’t seen this issue reported.

Recently I’ve been thinking that the original “safe action” by Glock is really the only gun that’s not able to go bang from dropping or squeezing a holster wrong.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Interesting development:
    https://www.wisn.com/article/coffee-...setts/41224245

More food for thought: Will we start to see this with the .mil M17/M18 line of pistols?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    More food for thought: Will we start to see this with the .mil M17/M18 line of pistols?
    We lack details in what's reported by media, and lack everything in those incidents handled between citizen/officer/agency and the manufacturer directly. M17/M18 and contract guns are built and accountable to spec(s), 320s in your big-box and LGS are built to whatever. Most common problem with mil M17/M18 seems to be loose/lost rear sights.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    We lack details in what's reported by media, and lack everything in those incidents handled between citizen/officer/agency and the manufacturer directly. M17/M18 and contract guns are built and accountable to spec(s), 320s in your big-box and LGS are built to whatever. Most common problem with mil M17/M18 seems to be loose/lost rear sights.
    I agree. I wish we could get details from a complete strip down of the pistols from the incidents I shared earlier. I remember one of the issues in a case several years ago is the pistol was assembled incorrectly.

The M17s from my most recent training had occasional issues with the slide completely returning to battery. The ammo we were shooting at that event was known to cause build up in the chamber, so we assumed the ammo was at fault.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

The M17s from my most recent training had occasional issues with the slide completely returning to battery.
    Hmmmm….. (touches beard thoughtfully)
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The M17s from my most recent training had occasional issues with the slide completely returning to battery. The ammo we were shooting at that event was known to cause build up in the chamber, so we assumed the ammo was at fault.
    What load?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Interesting development:
    https://www.wisn.com/article/coffee-...setts/41224245

"Watch: Coffee shop employee jumps for joy as he receives first paycheck"

You might need to segway the connection...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    What load?
    PM sent

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    "Watch: Coffee shop employee jumps for joy as he receives first paycheck"

You might need to segway the connection...
    BLUF- Wisconsin LEOs have now had a third discharge that has the 320s recommended for removal. I don't know why the link changed.

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast