Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex SPARC or Primary Arms?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Vortex SPARC or Primary Arms?

Looking for a red dot for a Sub 2000 9mm. Budget is under $200. I'm not worried about the folding ability of the rifle for now, just a reliable, inexpensive dot sight. Anyone have experience with both?

Feedback Score
    I don't have experience with either but I picked up a Sig Romeo 5 for a 22 conversion for my son, at $120 it seems to hold zero even when switching to 5.56.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been researching 4m and 4t, but saw this too.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve got a couple PA’s 2 MOA dot scopes on truck guns that have rough lives.
    They’ve held up fine and have held zero.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog01 View Post
    Looking for a red dot for a Sub 2000 9mm. Budget is under $200. I'm not worried about the folding ability of the rifle for now, just a reliable, inexpensive dot sight. Anyone have experience with both?
    Between those two, I'd definitely go with the PA advanced. I've got one on an AK, one on a 6933, and one on my kid's M&P 15-22. My HD gun still sports an Aimpoint, but I don't have any reservations recommending the PA micros for training and range guns. Battery life on the Sparc sucks.

Feedback Score
    I recently opted for the vortex crossfire after paining myself trying to decide. I’m completely happy with it and others seem to be as well.

Feedback Score
    I have a Vortex Sparc AR, two of the Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dots, and the Sig Romeo 5. Out of the three, i think the Primary Arms Advanced Micro dot is the best, and would be my first choice.

The Vortex Sparc AR seems well built, but feels a little more cumbersome to use, and the tube seems more narrow to me when looking through it. I REALLY like the auto-awake feature on the Sig Romeo 5, but haven't really put it through any hard use. I have put the PA Advanced Micro dots through a lot of torture and they have been awesome for the money, and have the 50,000 hr battery life.

I would trust any of the three, but if i had to buy another, it would be the PA Advanced Micro Dot.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My PA 50k dot has held up on an AK with gas tube rail so far. I have used Vortex dots as well and they are serviceable for sure. Warranty is nice in the event something goes south. I don't recall the PA warranty but I'm guessing its not lifetime.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have multiple Vortex scopes, red dots, one prism scope. All are fine imo to include my Sparc AR. I received my first PA product yesterday. a 2.5x prism scope. Heavier than I thought (14.9oz) but not a problem at all. Installed to 9" pistol (300blk). Built like a tank. The glass, etched reticle, and illuminated reticle are very crisp. Both companies have excellent reputations for products and support. I don't believe you can go wrong either way. Warranties will likely differ. Believe all my Vortex optics are lifetime with pretty much no questions asked. My PA is 1 year but I accept that.

Words of praise for both:

I have had questions regarding a couple of Vortex products and they have gladly responded. Additionally, I have lost small things like turret caps and lens caps. Each time they insisted on replacing them for free to include shipping. Very thankful.

The 2.5x PA prism I just purchased has their ACSS / BDC reticle. It's for a 5.56. Yesterday, using the Strelok Pro app, Their rep over at arfcom made me a graphic of the reticle for my 300blk and a particular type of ammunition. Did this while likely jumping through his butt preparing to go to the 2019 Shot Show. He did this based on a simple question I asked him. I told him I was in no hurry and that I could easily wait til he got back to Houston. He knocked it out. I was floored. Note: They make a 3x prism for 300blk (almost 100.00 more).

In both cases, they really meant a lot to me. It's the little things that count with me.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    I have multiple Vortex scopes, red dots, one prism scope. All are fine imo to include my Sparc AR. I received my first PA product yesterday. a 2.5x prism scope. Heavier than I thought (14.9oz) but not a problem at all. Installed to 9" pistol (300blk). Built like a tank. The glass, etched reticle, and illuminated reticle are very crisp. Both companies have excellent reputations for products and support. I don't believe you can go wrong either way. Warranties will likely differ. Believe all my Vortex optics are lifetime with pretty much no questions asked. My PA is 1 year but I accept that.

Words of praise for both:

I have had questions regarding a couple of Vortex products and they have gladly responded. Additionally, I have lost small things like turret caps and lens caps. Each time they insisted on replacing them for free to include shipping. Very thankful.

The 2.5x PA prism I just purchased has their ACSS / BDC reticle. It's for a 5.56. Yesterday, using the Strelok Pro app, Their rep over at arfcom made me a graphic of the reticle for my 300blk and a particular type of ammunition. Did this while likely jumping through his butt preparing to go to the 2019 Shot Show. He did this based on a simple question I asked him. I told him I was in no hurry and that I could easily wait til he got back to Houston. He knocked it out. I was floored. Note: They make a 3x prism for 300blk (almost 100.00 more).

In both cases, they really meant a lot to me. It's the little things that count with me.
    Good info, thanks for posting. I have both red dots, SPARC AR (formerly owned) and a Crossfire as well as a couple PA red dots. They seem to work fine and the red dot is just as clear in the PA as the Vortex. I think my PA is under their newer lifetime warranty also.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast