Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Something You Grew Up With That Is Gone & Not Coming Back

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    55 mph speed limits on every Interstate in the Union.
    Speedometers that went all the way to 85 miles per hour.

Cars/trucks built without computer limited top speeds.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-09-19 at 06:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    90s hip hop before every black dude trying to rap could only cuss or talk about guns they don't know how to shoot or homosexual gang activity (seriously, every gang member has engaged in homosexual activity). Seriously it was a fun time. It was all about parties, fighting Mike Tyson, how parents just don't understand, or settling your differences with breakdance competitions.

As a whole the modern black guy is a grave disappointment.

I literally brohugged a brother rocking jheri curls last week just because of nostalgia and it wasnt near as awkward as you would think.

ETA To this day, I still wear some P R E T T Y faded cook white choco chip camo to pay homage to hip hop from 1988-1992. NWA was to hip hop as Nelson was to hair metal.

There I said it. Come get me, M4C.
    Last edited by Firefly; 07-09-19 at 07:45.

Feedback Score
    High Beam headlight driver side floor buttons/switch. How many of you remember those?
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Rock music when it changed from dance music to art in the 1960's.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    High Beam headlight driver side floor buttons/switch. How many of you remember those?
    I remember those though, probably through actual use/muscle memory, I think I like the "pull the stalk" for that. What I miss is that you pull to both go high and back low. A lot of cars you flick forward and backward now.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    At 41, im not all that old but my first car (c.1995) was a '71 chevelle and every so often my foot still taps the floor looking for those high beams. Best set up ever.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 07-09-19 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    I have a 30 ft attached garage and a detached 52x60 with lift.
    I have a handful of cars with the floor dimmer.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Eating a PB&J at school. Somehow there were no nut allergies back then and you could take peanut butter to school without fear of expulsion and/or arrest.
    I went to grade school in a small town in western Kansas. EVERY Friday we either had PB&J's, Fish Sticks, or Macaroni and Cheese because of the Catholic kids - this was before Vatican II.

My, how things have changed.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Yep, my '78 Camaro has one.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Eating a PB&J at school. Somehow there were no nut allergies back then and you could take peanut butter to school without fear of expulsion and/or arrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I went to grade school in a small town in western Kansas. EVERY Friday we either had PB&J's, Fish Sticks, or Macaroni and Cheese because of the Catholic kids - this was before Vatican II.

My, how things have changed.
    I went to a fairly large high school in the early '90's that had about 1,500 students. I don't remember anyone having peanut issues. My son's high school of about 1,000 students has a "no peanut table"....he says it's full!

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast