Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Range report: Hodge barrel with LMT Enhanced BCG *UPDATE page 7*

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    That's what I am seeing or better. Some guy on Gunbroker asking $150 for 30 rounds in a metal magazine. There ain't enough magic in that bullet for me to spend that on something I will probably never shoot.
    That is completely insane for that ammo. You could buy BH premium shit for that price or less. How and why is anyone buying for those prices???

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That is completely insane for that ammo. You could buy BH premium shit for that price or less. How and why is anyone buying for those prices???

PB
    Because they want exotic stuff. I tried it (at 50 cents a round) and it was meh.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Results seem predictable. Sounds like you're running on the ragged edge even with fairly hot ammo. Thanks for the data points though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The Hodge guns were meant for a milspec bcg, milspec spring, and a H2 buffer using m193, m855, m855a1, mk262, and browntip. Try that combo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    The Hodge guns were meant for a milspec bcg, milspec spring, and a H2 buffer using m193, m855, m855a1, mk262, and browntip. Try that combo.
    Oh I knew that going into this, just wanted to try an EBCG and see how it went.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Results seem predictable. Sounds like you're running on the ragged edge even with fairly hot ammo. Thanks for the data points though.
    Basically the overall "score": out of 25 total chances at lock-back on an empty mag there were 5 failures to do so. No failures of any other type. Significantly better results than I expected.

I have a Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black mil-spec BCG I will likely try next time. Other than the coating (which is superior to phosphate) it checks all the other boxes.....C158 bolt, 8620 carrier, tool steel extractor, HPT/MPI, yada yada.

Alternatively I have a new-in-wrap DD chromed BCG I bought directly from DD.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-26-19 at 10:01.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Basically the overall "score": out of 25 total chances at lock-back on an empty mag there were 5 failures to do so. No failures of any other type. Significantly better results than I expected.

I have a Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black mil-spec BCG I will likely try next time. Other than the coating (which is superior to phosphate) it checks all the other boxes.....C158 bolt, 8620 carrier, tool steel extractor, HPT/MPI, yada yada.

Alternatively I have a new-in-wrap DD chromed BCG I bought directly from DD.
    You really need to understand how and why the Hodge small gas port is the way it is. That kind of porting was designed not just because of hotter ammo but as a system. It takes into account gas block seal, gas key to carrier seal, carrier friction ect to make the gun run reliably with smaller port. The moment you start monkeying around with different carriers you are throwing the system out of whack.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    5 of 25 is a 20% failure rate... under ideal conditions. I'm assuming some of the other standard symptoms of undergassing were present? Sluggish cycling, weak/forward ejection?

I'd be curious if a standard carrier "fixes" it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What is the deal with people’s desire to shoot M855A1?

You can get paid to do that in Afghanistan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What is the deal with people’s desire to shoot M855A1?

You can get paid to do that in Afghanistan. Cute. I actually have a DD-214 in my closet somewhere, so there's that.
    Why not? It adds another element to tinkering, which I find interesting. It's on my dime, not yours.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-26-19 at 12:55.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast