Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Range report: Hodge barrel with LMT Enhanced BCG *UPDATE page 7*

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Short stroking and not picking up the next round. Probably would have to roll with an A5H0 or 1 to make it work. No point screwing with that now.

Feedback Score
    I was wondering when people were going to share their impressions with the Hodge barrels.

I don't have any experience with the 14.5" variety, but I've been playing around with one of the recent production 12.5" Hodge barrels.

12.5" Hodge Defense barrel
    SLR Rifleworks GB7 gas block
    Standard carbine buffer tube, and spring
    H buffer
    Daniel Defense BCG

I've been getting consistent ejection, and lock back with 223, and 556. Haven't done any accuracy testing, but I've definitely been enjoying using it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    I was wondering when people were going to share their impressions with the Hodge barrels.

I don't have any experience with the 14.5" variety, but I've been playing around with one of the recent production 12.5" Hodge barrels.

12.5" Hodge Defense barrel
    SLR Rifleworks GB7 gas block
    Standard carbine buffer tube, and spring
    H buffer
    Daniel Defense BCG

I've been getting consistent ejection, and lock back with 223, and 556. Haven't done any accuracy testing, but I've definitely been enjoying using it.
    So I read the specs on the 12.5" Hodge barrel and it too is "optimized" to run with M855A1, so I'd guess it's port is tight compared to other 12.5" barrels, just like the 14.5" is. Surprised to see the .223 power stuff is functioning well.

Wonder how well it would run if you bumped up to an H2 buffer?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post

My first gun ran like a champ...so I made a twin for it. Both guns will hold several higher-end factory loadings to MOA or better and they are soft as butter. This third that has had teething problems as I deviated from the forumula of the first 2 appears to be of the same accuracy pedigree as the other 2. I've had some great FN barrels and some "meh" FN barrels and these are at the top.

Feedback Score
    OP, FWIW: & FYI: I've enjoyed reading what you're doing.
    He's reporting back to us here what he's testing, giving us his results, I think is cool and very nice. He's not showing he's pissed because it isn't Locking back on every empty mag., quit the opposite actually, again... Cool!

I enjoy Testing different combos of anything and everything in Life.... Weather tweaking Electronic Fuel Injection or Testing different Powders and loads... I enjoy doing seeing and feeling what doesn't work, or works alright or Great!... I am a natural born tinker LOL

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVTMaverick View Post
    OP, FWIW: & FYI: I've enjoyed reading what you're doing.
    He's reporting back to us here what he's testing, giving us his results, I think is cool and very nice. He's not showing he's pissed because it isn't Locking back on every empty mag., quit the opposite actually, again... Cool!

I enjoy Testing different combos of anything and everything in Life.... Weather tweaking Electronic Fuel Injection or Testing different Powders and loads... I enjoy doing seeing and feeling what doesn't work, or works alright or Great!... I am a natural born tinker LOL
    I get it. We're 20 years into the renaissance of the platform. "We" knew what would happen, no new soil is being tilled here. ABNAK is admittedly just tinkering around for his own amusement. I just selfishly want to buy the e-carrier off him when he's done playing with it for my wife's SOCOM barreled gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    LOL... I wouldn't mind buying that off him myself, but You claimed it awhile back>... However, OP, IF Sry0fcr drops OUT... I'll buy it! LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I get it. We're 20 years into the renaissance of the platform. "We" knew what would happen, no new soil is being tilled here. ABNAK is admittedly just tinkering around for his own amusement. I just selfishly want to buy the e-carrier off him when he's done playing with it for my wife's SOCOM barreled gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So I read the specs on the 12.5" Hodge barrel and it too is "optimized" to run with M855A1, so I'd guess it's port is tight compared to other 12.5" barrels, just like the 14.5" is. Surprised to see the .223 power stuff is functioning well.

Wonder how well it would run if you bumped up to an H2 buffer?
    I borrowed a friends Knight's Armament SBR buffer (4.7oz I think) which is similar, but not quite a H2.
    I only loaded a few rounds in 2 magazines with M193. I got lock back.
    I also tried a H3 buffer. Loaded a few rounds in 1 magazine with M193. It failed to lock back.

Not really extensive testing. The 223 I have been using is Fiocchi 223A, and Blackhills 223 55 softpoint re-manufactured. I'm assuming that it is on the warmer side of things compared to other brands. I think I am going to continue using the H buffer until I receive the tax stamp for my suppressor. Then I might revisit using a H2 buffer.
    Last edited by R.O.U.S.; 05-28-19 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Same. No hate for ABNAK here. Go ahead and tinker.

But still...

“ >buys crazy expensive barrel
    >buys crazy expensive BCG
    >20% failure rate for bolt hold open
    >MFW “

-One Smart Boi

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Why not? It adds another element to tinkering, which I find interesting. It's on my dime, not yours.
    I know. But you’re Army.

That doesn’t count.

Bet you can’t even tell me what crayon color tastes the best.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast