Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty LE Rifle Arrived!!! Pic heavy initial impressions...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I prefer to build my own ARs, but I’d actually consider buying one of these guns. I wouldn’t mind having that roll mark either

Feedback Score
    Geissele live stream detailing their upcoming Black Friday Sale. Looks like they are going with the MK16 handguard and pricing will be $850 for the Duty, $1087 for the Super Duty, and they have a Bill Geissele Signature rifle in .223 Wylde. There are some very, very good deals here.

Seems like they are making their own barrels completely in house. The Duty rifle has a heavy profile barrel w/ midlength gas , button rifled 1-7, stainless nitride. I am curious to see how accurate these turn out to be. Looks like the Super Duty still using the DDs from the URGI.

DDE uppers/lower set could make a good looking rifle, just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpz8Bultw80

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    Geissele live stream detailing their upcoming Black Friday Sale. Looks like they are going with the MK16 handguard and pricing will be $850 for the Duty, $1087 for the Super Duty, and they have a Bill Geissele Signature rifle in .223 Wylde. There are some very, very good deals here.

Seems like they are making their own barrels completely in house. The Duty rifle has a heavy profile barrel w/ midlength gas , button rifled 1-7, stainless nitride. I am curious to see how accurate these turn out to be. Looks like the Super Duty still using the DDs from the URGI.

I thought he said they were hammer forging the super duty barrels in-house. With the chamber and bore both being formed continuously over the mandrel. Or is that making reference to how DD makes them?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I thought he said they were hammer forging the super duty barrels in-house. With the chamber and bore both being formed continuously over the mandrel. Or is that making reference to how DD makes them?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thanks for this!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Edited post...seems like everything should up updated later today...I wish he sold complete assembled lower receivers...
    Last edited by pag23; 11-28-19 at 04:45.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Delete
    Last edited by pag23; 11-28-19 at 04:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    Nice catch. Guess I missed that, and judging from the pic it doesn't appear to be gov profile. Got distracted by the big-head hat and the SUPER PRECISION COFFEE lol.

Not sure i need the features of the Super Duty, as I don't care about the Surefire flash hider, the trigger difference, or the proprietary rail lockup. Interested in the extended mid length gas though. Sucks that I would have to replace the Super 42 w/ an A5, but you cant have everything.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sucks that I would have to replace the Super 42 w/ an A5, but you cant have everything.
    Would you, though? I mean, if the rifle is put together and runs well with gas-ing different BCG, etc, I’m not sure there would be as much value in paying extra to install an A5 system.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Any info on the super duty barrel profile? CHF, hand-lapped, then chrome lined; that's what Bill said in the video. If he mentioned profile, or if there is a pic showing it on the web site then I missed it.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast