Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MOE Carbine handguard light mounts

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Bumping this up to see if any new mounts are around. I’m currently pieceing together a budget build and want to mount one of the G2s I have laying around to MOE handguards.
    My former primary gun has an MOE handguard that I attached a pro-tac hl to with an MOE scout mount and v-block rings. Simple, clean, cheap set-up that put the light high and tight to the front sight post at 11 o’clock. I’ve banged it around a good bit and it’s taken it in stride.

Hit me in a PM if you want pictures.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    C72A0B24-2353-416D-B9B7-D320E7F0B797.jpg

98621745-2372-46D1-81B9-3C5AD66D16F4.jpg

Sorry for multiple posts... I’m a techno-retard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Cant for the life of me figure out why anyone would use anything other than the IWC mount for their MOE...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Cant for the life of me figure out why anyone would use anything other than the IWC mount for their MOE...
    Meh... I probably hadn’t heard of IWC when I got the above mount. I will say that I like(d) the mount when I was into that light/hand position. That mount gives a nice “perch” for your thumb and lines it up nicely behind the tail-cap push.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I’ve been using IWC mounts on my MOE equipped rifles for several years. They’ve held up fine, and work well for me. Great folks to deal with too.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

MOE Carbine handguard light mounts

Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    I’ve been using IWC mounts on my MOE equipped rifles for several years. They’ve held up fine, and work well for me. Great folks to deal with too.
    I have several IWC mounts they’re more expensive than the MagPul mounts. They’re well worth it.

The MagPul mounts work pretty well. They’re affordable but clunky.

These babies from Battle Comp work as long as you have a FSP and they come with an X300! https://battlecomp.com/product/suref...mount-package/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 01-16-19 at 19:07.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    TheTick- does that mount allow you to use the push button without changing your grip, too much?

Mistwolf and USMCvet- that Battlecomp option seems ok, but
    1-I would have to buy another X light and I have 2 G2s that aren’t being used for anything.
    2- That Mount seems like it would be hard to operate without a remote switch.
    3- I have soft hands and don’t want to get burned.

This is a budget build (cleaning out the parts drawers and using up gift cards and catching Christmas and Black Friday sales), but it will still need a light and sling. I think the IWC mount with a G2 is the way I will proceed. Thank you for the info guys.

Anyone have a source for G2 led conversions and clicky tail caps?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast