Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 9mm AR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Plenty of people killed with the .22 long rifle and baseball bats too that does not make those the best tools for the job either.
    Pat
    well i wouldnt consider 5.56 the best tool either..something like a 8-9" suppressed .300blk with subs and a suppressor would be the best tool as far as HD..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    do any LEO's here have statistics of crimes committed by suspects wearing body armor? Is it a legitimate threat or is a pretty rare occurrence?
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattNificent View Post
    well i wouldnt consider 5.56 the best tool either..something like a 8-9" suppressed .300blk with subs and a suppressor would be the best tool as far as HD..
    I don't think so. Give me a good old fashioned 5.56 with 75 grain TAP with or without a suppressor. Maybe in time the .300 BLK will prove itself but it hasn't yet.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 01-31-12 at 13:46.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    do any LEO's here have statistics of crimes committed by suspects wearing body armor? Is it a legitimate threat or is a pretty rare occurrence?
    Not really any stats out there on this but it does happen as the LA Bankrobbery showed. More and more home invasions are bad guys using police tactics and gear like body armor as well. However the real reason to use the 5.56 over the 9mm or any pistol round is far better terminal ballistics.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 01-31-12 at 13:48.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    This is by no means scientific however, I bought a house with an old mobile home on it. For craps and giggles i shot some bulk 22s out of an 8 inch barrel through a wall. Went through 3 walls plus some random boxes. Granted they werent the thickest walls. But they went through more then i expected.

I also shot 7.62 x 25 out of a pistol that went through two walls then shattered the toilet. That was not a surprise.

The biggest surprise was how loud the 7.62 x 25 was in an small room.
    I had ear plugs in and it still hurt my ears.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by charmcitycop; 09-21-13 at 16:21. Reason: ......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    All around bad idea? You don't see US military soldiers running around with massive ear muffs on for "hearing protection".

Also hunting in a pitch black tiny room, it's called a hunting room. IE what people use them for deer hunting with. I have to keep skunks and possums down around here.
    Mostly they use earplugs, not muffs. They are issued and they are part of the uniform on any range day. Training is done with hearing protection. Combat is done with hearing protection if able.

Never heard of a hunting room.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    kruzan,

Bullet's don't tumble, zombies aren't coming, and frangible ammo is not a good choice for self defense.

Welcome to M4Carbine.net

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    kruzan,

Bullet's don't tumble, zombies aren't coming, and frangible ammo is not a good choice for self defense.

Welcome to M4Carbine.net
    Actually some bullets do tumble but its not a good thing when it happens because you usually end up missing what you are aiming at.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What bullets tumble? As far as I know that is a misunderstanding of what a shooter is seeing. Unless you're talking about muskets, blunderbuss or shotgun projectiles I don't know of anything that is designed to tumble.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast