Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Prosecutes Ohio Man for AR Pistol with Brace

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    OF COURSE this guy was an LPVO gay!
    I wasn't gonna say that, but......

Surprised he didn't have a bipod on that damn thing!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    This. Braces are the bump stocks of tomorrow. Bad juju. Just go through the process to get a legal SBR and sleep well at night.
    Not everybody wants an SBR. Ask the ATF for permission to take my Short barrelled AR across state lines? Wait months and months for a response? Tax stamps, special paperwork, asking permission. All bullshit. No thanks. I'll take an AR pistol all day long.
    Last edited by kirkland; 11-01-18 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    Every government employee that was involved in prosecuting this law abiding citizen on these stupid technicalities needs to be fired. What a ridiculous waste of time, money and resources.
    Amen and think of the money and time and STRESS this guy and his family endured over nothing!! Which is why I SBR all my shit and toss my braces, I should not have to but....it would suck so effing bad to get in this shithole.

PB

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

Yes, his butt pad is the cap from a cane.
    Just when you thought you’d seen everything. There it is, the Glock 40 problem solver, AR pistol edition.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I am very surprised this guy was charged with a crime. The ATF brought the case to an Assistant US Attorney, presumably after he posted pics of his ghetto blaster on line. They don't make independent charging decisions .It is not easy to get a federal prosecutor to approve charges. Our federal government has a 96+ percent conviction rate because they cherry pick their cases. This one was a loser.

As mentioned in previous posts, this defendant is probably financially screwed for life. That seems very unfair

I have not yet jumped on the AR pistol bandwagon. If I do I will keep ATF approval letters handy and will not modify the brace in any way.
    Last edited by signal4l; 11-01-18 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    It looks like the AFG would interfere with a mag?

BADish lever
    45degree safety
    AAA cell flashlight
    Laser
    1-6 optic
    KX3?
    Skull lower
    After-market trigger, of course.

That is; inspired.

Where is the ambi mag release? I feel cheated!
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    No grayer than a regular brace. SB Tactical (inventor of the brace) works very closely with the ATF on the subject. Anyone that has actually used a brace as intended would far prefer an adjustable length of pull vs the set length.
    I meant all AR braces are in a gray area.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-01-18 at 22:37.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    If you SMR something, you are now on the ATF radar and they know right where to go to confiscate it if the Democrat's would have their way sometime in the future. No thanks, I'll pass.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-01-18 at 23:33.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    At least he gave that abomination a name , good grief I cant unseen that thing.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Oh my, that thing should have been aborted.

Still fascinated as to what led to his arrest initially, this is typically the real face palm moments in these cases.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast