Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF Prosecutes Ohio Man for AR Pistol with Brace

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    If you SMR something, you are now on the ATF radar and they know right where to go to confiscate it if the Democrat's would have their way sometime in the future. No thanks, I'll pass.
    Have you ever filled out a 4473? They already know.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 11-02-18 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Oh my, that thing should have been aborted.

Still fascinated as to what led to his arrest initially, this is typically the real face palm moments in these cases.
    Call for domestic distance. He threw a phone at his wife. Because it's a domestic cops confiscated all his firearms

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Mine have all been sold to someone ? at gunshows long ago . I believe it is a little more involved and there is more of a paper trail on NFA stuff.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-02-18 at 12:31.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mine have all been sold to someone ? at gunshows long ago . I believe it is a little more involved and there is more of a paper trail on NFA stuff.
    If prior behavior is an indicator of how the ATF will go about confiscation, they won't be asking you for permission.

Feedback Score
    If prior behavior is an indicator of how the ATF will go about confiscation, they won't be asking you for permission.
    This. If they are forcefully confiscating, you are going to have to prove you dont have them by “letting” them search your house. Ymmv, but you live once, and I want some fun toys so I quit worrying about “lists” a while ago.

Ever buy gun related stuff with a CC? They know you have one.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Actually it's the opposite. Any gun store that has been audited by the ATF in the last 6 or 7 years has had their blue book scanned. With an NFA item the paperwork is tied to the device and not the user unlike a 4473 where the device is tied to the user. NFA documentation is all paper based with even the newer Eforms get converted to paper. From a technical perspective it would be far easier to create a database with all the scanned data of the audits (why the Obama admin did it in the first place) than to create one with the NFA data.

PS - The AFT has stated to the NRA that they are not creating a database with the scanned data as they are prohibited from doing so by appropriations act restriction which prohibits the consolidation or centralization of FFL records.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Talk to falconers living in California about how the feds will come check for violations.

Hard takedown swat type entry, one step removed from a no-knock.

Guy answered his door early morning and was met by a large number of Fed & State officers in swat type gear and tactics, guns drawn.

All because he had been falsely reported as violating Federal migratory bird laws by do-gooders who are anti falconry. Not a gun guy, no threats, nothing to indicate he would be a risk.

So imagine what they will do if they think you may be armed!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The other "lesson" to be learned here might actually be if you can't control your temper and decide to throw things at your spouse, you're likely to win a "stupid prize" for that.
    As wrong and sometimes confusing these things may be or even get had he acted like a Man he would have avoided all of this.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Pistols and cane tips aside, this guy ****ed up when he lost his temper. He invited LE into his life and he got bent over for it. I'm actually surprised they didn't stack 20 different charges on his ass hoping that something would stick or that he'd plea out.

It's also interesting how many of y'all seem to think that when the cops show up to confiscate your stuff you can just tell them that you sold everything at a gunshow and they'll say "Aw shucks...OK, then...Whelp, sorry to bother you good citizen. Have a nice day." and go away. Naw, it won't be like that. They'll come at 3AM, kick in door, steamroll your ass, rip your ENTIRE house to shreds looking for your stash, then go out for brunch. If you're lucky, you won't make any "furtive movements"...

And yeah, you're already in their databases, so if you want a SBR or a janky pistol or whatever, get the damn thing and enjoy your life.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everyone who has bought a gun from me and done 4473 is NOT on the Radar as a result of that 4473.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast