Thread: CZ custom bull shadow semi compact?

Feedback Score

CZ custom bull shadow semi compact?

I have a CZ 75 SAO and I primarily carry a full size Yost 1911 but I am thinking about adding a 9mm to round up but I live in CA so I cant just go out and buy a 9mm 1911 otherwise I would pick up a Wilson edcx9 or STi Staccato P. So I am thinking about sending off the CZ to CZ custom to have some work done as the SAO trigger is not the greatest and their new compact bull shadow setup looks really promising but I cant find much information the other question is to go RDS or not? I have never used an RDS on a pistol but it seems like thats the current trend is it worth milling a slide?
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like CZ's, I have an SP01, but you can get a SFA 1911 in 9mm. It's on the roster.

Feedback Score
    By all accounts the CZ Custom work lives up to their reputation. They are on my short list of who to acquire work from... and that list include Yost and Burton. I'm not suggesting the CZ is going to live up to the standards of those 1911 Gods, I say it just to show how important good work is to me.

As to the RDS, I would try before you commit yourself to a full blown custom with one. Might be right up your alley, might not, but any such investment should be sussed out before plunking the money down. Best not to invest blindly. With or without, you will have a very nice pistol. Going to be hard to live up to Yost standards, though, I say as a huge CZ fan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    By all accounts the CZ Custom work lives up to their reputation. They are on my short list of who to acquire work from... and that list include Yost and Burton. I'm not suggesting the CZ is going to live up to the standards of those 1911 Gods, I say it just to show how important good work is to me.

As to the RDS, I would try before you commit yourself to a full blown custom with one. Might be right up your alley, might not, but any such investment should be sussed out before plunking the money down. Best not to invest blindly. With or without, you will have a very nice pistol. Going to be hard to live up to Yost standards, though, I say as a huge CZ fan.
    Thats good to hear, I spoke with CZ custom they said I could add an RDS later on if I decide to so I am more tempted to go with fixed sights. It doesnt need to be custom 1911 nice I am just looking for a functional SAO 9mm with a good trigger and reasonably accurate. I could probably do without the bull barrel but i like full length grips and shorter barrels (except 1911s 5" barrels only) and moving to a heavier barrel and lighter slide sounds like a good recoil impulse to me.
    Semper Fi