Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: worn anodizing in pivot pin hole on brand new Daniel Defense upper

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    It’s not the swapping uppers I’m worried about. It’s once I get to high round counts. This sucks to even have to worry about with a $1600 rifle.

My wear looks a little different from the OP’s. It looks more like it was from firing as it’s in the direction of the the recoil and is spotty. Will post pics shortly. DD customer service assured me it was normal break in with the steel pins in an aluminum receiver.
    Pics?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is ARFCOM levels of goofball. There is nothing at all wrong with that upper.
    Speaking as a quality manager, your statement is not correct.

And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    https://imgur.com/a/HE4wmah

Thoughts? There’s some crap on one that someone else thought was a crack but it’s just fuzz from cleaning. The only imperfection is the obviously worn spots.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It’s not the swapping uppers I’m worried about. It’s once I get to high round counts. This sucks to even have to worry about with a $1600 rifle.

My wear looks a little different from the OP’s. It looks more like it was from firing as it’s in the direction of the the recoil and is spotty. Will post pics shortly. DD customer service assured me it was normal break in with the steel pins in an aluminum receiver.
    We already established, and you've admitted, that you worry way too much about what happens "at high round count" in other threads... By the time you've worn this rifle out you won't even care anymore. Just go shoot the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Androctonus View Post
    On average, I separate uppers and lowers once or twice a week if I had to put a number on it.
    Why?

And if I'm coming across as snarky, well you've read me right. I'm normally one of the least confrontation members, but this shit is starting to push me over the edge.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    https://imgur.com/a/HE4wmah

Thoughts? There’s some crap on one that someone else thought was a crack but it’s just fuzz from cleaning. The only imperfection is the obviously worn spots.
    Pictures are crap, looks like material has been displaced at the front pin hole?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    And if I'm coming across as snarky, well you've read me right. I'm normally one of the least confrontation members, but this shit is starting to push me over the edge.
    Take a step back....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yooamJf-T_8
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    That's a call they're supposed to make through nonconformance reporting and quality/engineering disposition. If they can't meet the requirements (all of them, material, dimensional & anodizing) through rework, the parts get scrapped, or regraded (blem). They basically shipped non-conforming (blem) receivers and sold them as 1st quality, only question is whether they did it knowingly because someone would have to sign off on the decision to do it under any standard quality system.
    It would seem to me that if DD is following their normal process by hand fitting the take down pins, they are following their processes. From what the Sid Sleuths have found on internet searches, it is apparent that this is a 'trademark' (if you would) of Daniel Defense.

This is what the OP said: Funny thing, the upper locks up near perfectly with my lowers. Not too tight, but no wiggle. Think I should contact Daniel Defense about this? Or is this just chipped finish? I don't really care about the latter.

Later post: I talked with DD and they said they do indeed hone pivot pin holes for a good fit.

Seems the process works. Probably meets some ISO 9001 bullshit to boot.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Last edited by thegreyman; 04-19-19 at 18:33.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is ARFCOM levels of goofball. There is nothing at all wrong with that upper.
    Truth.... this place is forked.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Thanks. I loved that movie.

I stepped away. Went to my property and fired a few Failure to Stop drills with my G19 and went back to working on my roof. All is o.k. in my world.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast