Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Aimpoint Comp C3 no more??

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I haven't seen one of those in years.

The Comp M3 was the best tube one they had. I wish they would have kept that instead of the PRO.

But really, why mess with those optics any more at all??

The Comp M4 and M5 and so much tougher and AA / AAA lithium batteries are the way to go.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I haven't seen one of those in years.

The Comp M3 was the best tube one they had. I wish they would have kept that instead of the PRO.

The Comp M4 and M5 and so much tougher and AA / AAA lithium batteries are the way to go.
    Why?

Specifically asking about the M5. What makes an M5 better than a T2?

Don’t say “battery availability” because:

A) Anyplace I can find AAA lithium’s will have CR2032s
    B) I ain’t putting Alkaline batteries in a $900 optic.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

For me it's:

1. Price. No RDS is worth over $500 these days. It's tough not to just grab the Sig Romeo and call it good.

2. The Scalerworks mount is so nice that it sparked my interest in the 30mm RDS again.

Like 17K said, the PRO just didn't stack up for me. I bought one, and it just wasn't as nice as the C3 so I sold it off pretty quickly. I have an M3 arriving today and another Scalerworks mount.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Why?

Specifically asking about the M5. What makes an M5 better than a T2?

Don’t say “battery availability” because:

A) Anyplace I can find AAA lithium’s will have CR2032s
    B) I ain’t putting Alkaline batteries in a $900 optic.
    M5 is 7075 vs 6061, divorced switch, protected ocular

The M5 is a different optic than the T2. It's a little CompM4.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We are running into the issue of, "Should we buy and sell used optics that are no longer produced if they're still good optics?" These older Aimpoints are the perfect example. They're no longer produced and not very popular, but aren't obsolete. In some cases, it's unclear if the manufacturer will offer service if something breaks. For now, we've decided to concentrate on more popular offerings. Perhaps in the future we will offer a "Retro / Clone" area for optics such as those in this thread.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    They're no longer produced and not very popular, but aren't obsolete. In some cases, it's unclear if the manufacturer will offer service if something breaks. For now, we've decided to concentrate on more popular offerings.
    The AR realm is as bad as women's fashion sometimes. Stuff that's still good goes out of fashion on the forum pics, etc. I had actually given up on the 30mm RDS because my C3 got banged out of zero twice.

I figured out that the cave man era Wilcox mount was almost certainly the issue. It actually gouged my C3 body a little. When I was recommended the Scalerworks Leap 02 mount, I was back in love with the C3.

Aimpoint should have dumped the PRO and kept the C3, but I guess the C3 can't be offered at as low of a price. Thinking back on old threads over the years, it seems that the C3 was a largely overlooked gem in the RDS world.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The AR realm is as bad as women's fashion sometimes. Stuff that's still good goes out of fashion on the forum pics, etc. I had actually given up on the 30mm RDS because my C3 got banged out of zero twice.

I figured out that the cave man era Wilcox mount was almost certainly the issue. It actually gouged my C3 body a little. When I was recommended the Scalerworks Leap 02 mount, I was back in love with the C3.

Aimpoint should have dumped the PRO and kept the C3, but I guess the C3 can't be offered at as low of a price. Thinking back on old threads over the years, it seems that the C3 was a largely overlooked gem in the RDS world.

I've been using Wilcox Aimpoint mounts for years. Still have two.

Those things seem to really hang onto the optic. What happened that it knocked it out of zero?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've been using Wilcox Aimpoint mounts for years. Still have two.

Those things seem to really hang onto the optic. What happened that it knocked it out of zero?
    Mine tipped over twice with the SBR leaning on furniture with the buttstock on the ground. First time was on tile and the dot shifted about 10-12 MOA. Second time (a month or so back) it fell the same way (on the Aimpoint) but this was on an area rug in my bedroom. Dot once again shifted, but only a few MOA.

When I pulled the dot to upgrade to the Scalerworks mount, I could see where the Wilcox was gouging the tube. (Bottom rear of the mount)

I would have got pics, but I thought I was the last guy in America still using a Wilcox mount.
    Last edited by markm; 02-06-20 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While working on press/photo credentials at the 2000 SHOT Show I saw the brand new CompM2. I bought one on the last day of the show as well as an A.R.M.S.-17 TRI-LOCK mount. I still use it on my 300BLK carbine that goes in the Jeep
    whenever off road in the AZ desert. GTG for 20 years.
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 02-06-20 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Mine tipped over twice with the SBR leaning on furniture with the buttstock on the ground. First time was on tile and the dot shifted about 10-12 MOA. Second time (a month or so back) it fell the same way (on the Aimpoint) but this was on an area rug in my bedroom. Dot once again shifted, but only a few MOA.

When I pulled the dot to upgrade to the Scalerworks mount, I could see where the Wilcox was gouging the tube. (Bottom rear of the mount)

I would have got pics, but I thought I was the last guy in America still using a Wilcox mount.
    Scope spun in the mount?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast