Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Magpul GL9 mags GTG for serious use?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Are the Magpul GL9 mags good to go for carry/defensive use?

So, what says M4C? Would you trust your life to a Magpul GL9, or would you eat the cost difference and run factory Glock?
    The Magpuls are great range mags. For carry, I stick with OEM.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Nope nope
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I have a bunch 15 and 17 rounders. For me, they have been flawless. Mag dumps with no jams, always lock the slide back. I left two 15-rounders loaded for about a year with Rem UMC brass ammo, just shot with them this past Sunday, no issues. Reloaded them a few times, mag dump, no issues.

Feedback Score
    Talking with a dealer today and he said the the Spokane PD won’t use them because of failures. Like I said no prob for me but I’m no cop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just checked USA Forged and none of the exceeded max OAL. Their OAL was like snowflakes though which was the same as some Federal 115gr fmj.

Tried it on a 4th generation 19 magazine and while it didn't completely plug up with them, it was getting rattle and light spring tension indicating sticking.

Considering oal isn't crazy, I am thinking the sandpaper feel of the case may be doing it...maybe.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-08-18 at 20:37.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mine have been reliable with brass cased, but they suck ass with Tula and Wolf Steel.

Rounds are very slow to feed up, sometimes taking seconds to move into position when you manually push a round out of the magazine.

For that reason, since I shoot a lot of steel, I sidelined all of mine except some 21rd mags loaded with brass cased ammo but I’m replacing them with 19rd Glock OEMs.

Feedback Score
    I haven't tried Magpul mags but I have had the same problems others have described with Wolf steel and ETS mags. I think there's added friction with steel rounds, so with plastic walled mags the rounds don't slide as easily. With my ETS mags Wolf steel will jam constantly and you can easily see the rounds moving much more slowly. Slicker brass rounds have no problems in ETS mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No.

Mine shit the bed with steel cased ammo in a class. When I switched back to factory Glock mags I had zero issues. I still use GL9s as range mags, but I would never trust them in a serious role. Just get a box of 10 factory Glock mags when they go on sale in a weeks for $17 apiece.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have used wolf and brown bear in mine and no issues with my Glock 19 or Glock 17 magpul mags.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I have used wolf and brown bear in mine and no issues with my Glock 19 or Glock 17 magpul mags.
    I'll say that mine didn't start to fail until several hundred rounds through them with steel cased ammo. Initially they were ok.

Just watch them as your round count may go up. The rounds consistently start to slooooooooowly feed up, causing feeding issues.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast