Thread: Scammed by member named “BigPP”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Exclamation Scammed by member named “BigPP”

Long story short I was scammed out of $115 by a member named BigPP. I didnÂ’t do my due diligence and sent the money without looking into his account. Most all of the communication was done through text message. I was contacted by another member this morning (will not mention name) inquiring about the feedback I left BigPP as it appears he has gotten scammed as well.

Just a reminder:
    Check members profile including feedback and post count/join date.

Lessons learned:
    DonÂ’t do all your negotiating via text message.
    Discrete PayPal is probably the way to go from now on (3% more is better than 100% lost)

Please avoid this member. DonÂ’t make the same mistake as me!
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quinn i was recently contacted by a member here and BigPP name came up as well. Just a reminder to everyone here WTB ads attract scammers big time. And always verify the pictures sent to you (Google Images, TinyEYE).
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know its the internet, but how can you trust someone with a name of BigPP?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I know its the internet, but how can you trust someone with a name of BigPP?
    I know, right. He's telling right up front he's a dick.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I had the same member contact me about my WTB ad. He was quick to want to take it to text messages. I never followed up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Quinn i was recently contacted by a member here and BigPP name came up as well. Just a reminder to everyone here WTB ads attract scammers big time. And always verify the pictures sent to you (Google Images, TinyEYE).

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Literally posted a wtb add about 10 minutes ago, was contacted by bigpp, first message he sent was send me your number to get details. Someone needs to get this guy off the forum.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    Literally posted a wtb add about 10 minutes ago, was contacted by bigpp, first message he sent was send me your number to get details. Someone needs to get this guy off the forum.
    Send me that info, did he give you a cell number, PayPal address or an email?

By the way, he's now permanently banned. I do recall temp-banning that dude for general asshattery a year or so ago, I should have made it permanent then.

Anybody else with info on him, please forward to me.