Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BCG Not Functioning Properly

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. I ordered a Springco blue spring and H2 buffer last night. Hopefully I will have them before next weekend.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lajs1 View Post
    Thanks guys. I ordered a Springco blue spring and H2 buffer last night. Hopefully I will have them before next weekend.
    Awesome. Should run like a champ now.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    All ammo used was Federal XM193 5.56. Did try some Hornady Training .223. The .223 didn't even try and cycle back the spent case. I pulled the bolt out of carrier a couple of times during trouble shooting before the Bushmaster try. The gas key bolts are tight, I pulled the bolt apart and just for shit's and giggles I put the o-ring over the spring just to make it stronger but that shouldn't do anything if the bolt is not coming back far enough to eject spent case. Front sight block and gas tube has been pulled and inspected. Made sure port was not clogged or covered with gas block. All looked good. Yea I know it doesn't make since,

As stated in the other topic in the SBR forum. This rifle ran with no problems until I pulled the bolt carrier and put in the Colt and It did not run in the Colt. Put back in my rifle and has not ran since. Something broke just don't know what happened.

The reason I pulled my bcg was to help a friend trouble shoot his Colt. He was having some issues with his, I said well lets try my bcg and see if it clears up. It didn't, shot once and failed to eject just like the problem I started having. So I took my bcg back out and put it back in my rifle, later that day went to shoot mine and it has not ran since. Seems like the Colt done something to it but damn that sounds crazy too.

I know when we put the Bushmaster bcg in my rifle with same ammo Federal XM 193 5.56 with same magpul mags it ran 2 full 30 round mags with no problem. The Bushmaster had my bcg and it shot once and failed to eject the bolt carrier only came back far enough to see half the spent case.

I should have went further and narrowed it down to the bolt. Used his bolt in my carrier and then his carrier and my bolt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12