Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrel break in

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I posted in your other thread.

Shoot it....clean it (maybe)....then shoot it some more.....clean it (maybe).....then shoot it some more.

Feedback Score
    That's what I do with my precision rifle. I rarely clean the barrel. And it's dirty accurate.

And yes you did comment on another thread.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The chrome lining should cover/smooth any barrel imperfections that would be polished via a dedicated break-in procedure.

All I do is keep from getting the barrel too hot during the first few shooting sessions, well really try to do that always, but it's harder than it sounds. I allow some copper to be deposited before doing any serious load development or factory ammo testing.

Let us know how the Sionics barrel does. I'm thinking about using of of their barrels for an SBR. Did you determine that it's got a 16" barrel. My LE6920 is a hair under 17.5" from the bolt face to the front of the A2 flash hider.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    What is this barrel brake-in bullshit you speak of? I buy Gale McMillan's take.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    What is this barrel brake-in bullshit you speak of? I buy Gale McMillan's take.
    Coming from him it was very informative.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    What are some things to look for to tell when it's broke in enough to start load development?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12