Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do the Dems want the talks with the NORKS to fail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    When they took God out of their party platform, the countdown began to their destruction. Don't mess with the Man.

Agreed.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-12-18 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

USA/DKRP Singapore Summit 2018

I feel this is a historic moment in time. Looking back, the US has had several opportunities and many leaders who could have taken the time and energy to talk one on one in hopes to bring about peace to an area that is known for hostility. I have always been a Trump supporter and I admire his courage in stepping up and leading as so many of our past presidents have failed to do so. President Trump said that this meeting was successful and laid the ground work towards denuclearization and stability in North Korea. Kim Jong Un stated that he was thankful Trump was willing to talk and negotiate. Both Trump and Kim were pleased with the results of this Singapore Summit. This is a major win, not just for the US or North Korea but that entire area. Kim stated that he was looking forward to working with other leaders in the area and building relationships.

There is a lot of disapproval by a lot of people around the world, a lot of our own government seems to see the glass half empty but I remain optimistic. Possibly, Trump was the only candidate out of the rest of the group of world leaders that had the experience, stamina, energy and tenacity to work through a complex problem that has continued for over 50 years. Perhaps, just maybe, Trump can do exactly what he says he can do.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    MAGA!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope it works also. You'd have to be a moron not to.

Many people believe that President Trump is going to end up doing exactly what they complained about President Obama doing with the Iran deal. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know if that would be that bad a deal.

I think the one thing that President Trump got right was the face-to-face aspect of the negotiation. Up to this point, previous administrations have used underlings, President TRump acknowledged Kim's position as a peer.

I hope President Trump gets this done.

Like I said, I'm on the fence about the Iran deal, gut feeling I think we should have stayed in with the other Nation's. That being said, I think it funny as hell that people who are screaming that the Trump Administration is going to end up getting us nuked by the Iranians, is screaming about President Trump trying to keep us from getting nuked by the NORK's.

Politics and partisanship as usual.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-12-18 at 15:21.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I hope it works also. You'd have to be a moron not to.

Many people believe that President Trump is going to end up doing exactly what they complained about President Obama doing with the Iran deal. As far as I'm concerned, I don't know if that would be that bad a deal.

I think the one thing that President Trump got right was the face-to-face aspect of the negotiation. Up to this point, previous administrations have used underlings, President TRump acknowledged Kim's position.

I hope President Trump gets this done.

The Iran deal was potentially illegal and is being investigated by the House.

The NK deal is offering them a chance to modernize and grow their economy or face military retribution.

Not the same kind of deal.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-12-18 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Ben Shapiro was a bit of a Debbie Downer today but he brings up some good points. Documents and signatures are fine, lets see if the NORKS actually follow through. I agree that this did legitimize Rocket Man, but Obammy meeting with Castro wasn't much better. If making that little fat turd feel like he is King Shit for a day ends the Korean war I am okay with that. If not doing joint military training ops with SK allows for NK to get rid of their nuke program, I think it is worth it. Without a hostile NK, SK does not need a full time American Military presence.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Delete
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 06-12-18 at 16:40.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lots of drivingfor me today and NPR was nonstop with the slights and condescending verbage in regards to the talks. Definitely doing everything in their power to portray this in a questionable or negative way. I never knew liberals were soo frickin supportive of overseas US military exercises or of having US personnel based in S. Korea or of US still being at a state of war with another country for nearly 70 years. Fortunately they had a rough time scrounging up enough americans of korean descent that had much of anything negative to say.

Sent from my SM-J727T using
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 06-12-18 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    The Iran deal was potentially illegal and is being investigated by the House.

The NK deal is offering them a chance to modernize and grow their economy or face military retribution.

Not the same kind of deal.
    End goals the same.

I hope it works, it could work.

On the other hand, I think folks who believe Kim is looking to get outside help in building the economy, etc. are incorrect. He is about maintaining power, because once his power is gone, likely so is he.

That scenario doesn't include the U.S. or anyone other nation coming in and setting up aqn electrical grid through out NORK. If it gets done (the grid) it will be done in a way that makes the population feel Kim did it. Just as with the move toward normalization with ROK can be spun as Kim moving to normalize.

The dicey time for Kim will be when folks are moving back and forth and telling the other North Koreans how well (comparatively) the South Koreans have been living all these years. I'm sure he has some idea of how he is going to manage the process.

BLUF, I think Kim was getting bored and realized he needed to do something so he could get out amongst the other leaders of the world for chit chat and crumpets. I mean really, once you've fed someone to dogs, strapped someone over a cannon, what else is there to occupy your time constructively?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you haven't, you need to watch a little bit of CNN.
    The level of POTUS hate is spread thick. Blitzer is doing everything but calling the POTUS a complete idiot at this point.
    Apparently the deal is worthless and only favours the NORKs.
    Nobody mentioned that they've already destroyed the test site.
    Sen Ed Marley is claiming that POTUS Trump has fallen for Kim's tricks.
    I guess they wanted this hammered out in one sitting and the missile and materials turned over today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast