Page 61 of 353 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This guy is out of the UK and he's got daily quality updates.
    Good to watch.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looking at the map a moment ago on Fox News. The virus is confirmed in almost every country in the world now it looks like. Here in the USA, dozens now being monitored in NY for the virus. A flight attendant working out of LAX tests positive... how many people did she infect? Sounding to me like the feds knew yesterday that something was beginning here in the USA. Don't think things are going to be over anytime soon with this. Still don't think they are letting out the whole truth of the matter either.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Looking at the map a moment ago on Fox News. The virus is confirmed in almost every country in the world now it looks like. Here in the USA, dozens now being monitored in NY for the virus. A flight attendant working out of LAX tests positive... how many people did she infect? Sounding to me like the feds knew yesterday that something was beginning here in the USA. Don't think things are going to be over anytime soon with this. Still don't think they are letting out the whole truth of the matter either.
    WHO is tracking 37 with confirmed cases, that’s far from every country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    WHO is tracking 37 with confirmed cases, that’s far from every country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be 37 countries testing for it, how many African countries are testing? Last time I checked lots of Chinese were working and doing business in Africa.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Well, Trump (Bolton) gutted what was otherwise a decent idea from the Obama admin. in the form of a National Security Council office dedicated to tracking potential pandemics and preparing for outbreaks. Also cut CDC's and NIH's budgets every year (further 10% cut for CDC in proposed 2021 budget). Just saw a report yesterday that CDC used to be able to actively work on 40+ potential pandemic pathogens but budget cuts in that specific office pushed it down to the low teens - that has a ripple effect across the entire health system. This should be bipartisan stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Please dial down the snark, sarcasm, and jabs at each other. There's no need for it, and it ruins the thread. Informative, thoughtful posts on topic and of substance are most welcome.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Well, Trump (Bolton) gutted what was otherwise a decent idea from the Obama admin. in the form of a National Security Council office dedicated to tracking potential pandemics and preparing for outbreaks. Also cut CDC's and NIH's budgets every year (further 10% cut for CDC in proposed 2021 budget). Just saw a report yesterday that CDC used to be able to actively work on 40+ potential pandemic pathogens but budget cuts in that specific office pushed it down to the low teens - that has a ripple effect across the entire health system. This should be bipartisan stuff.
    Fake news, the Ebola Czar was not fired by Trump he quit in protest when Bolton joined the administration and was not replaced because Ebola was so last year. And yes Trump has proposed cutting the CDC budget but congress has not done so. Here's an idea though, if the CDC would stop doing studies on gun violence as a medical problem and global warming ending the world and focused on the middle word of their name they could do a lot more valuable work on a smaller budget.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-26-20 at 13:57.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Well said, 762.
    I guess the only bright side of this is now that it is in Italy we will get to see truly what it’s capable of and not have to worry about totally cooked numbers.
    I am really hoping this burns out with the Spring warm-up. I’m going to Argentina in December. Trying not to worry about this too much

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Fake news, the Ebola Czar was not fired by Trump he quit in protest when Bolton joined the administration and was not replaced because Ebola was so last year. And yes Trump has proposed cutting the CDC budget but congress has not done so. Here's an idea though, if the CDC would stop doing studies on gun violence as a medical problem and global warming ending the world and focused on the middle word of their name they could do a lot more valuable work on a smaller budget.
    There are always ample resources available for the fun stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    The CDC tele-briefing on the 25th folks asking questions brought this up ? Must be a lefty talking point but even the CDC said this is not the case
    Funny timing so as mentioned by Mack7.62 fake news but must be making the rounds on the lefty circuit as truth and folks believe it

Page 61 of 353 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast