Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to rebuild my Upper. Need rail advice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

I am thinking about putting a MLOCK rail system on but I want the lightest 13 inch one that won't come loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post

I think you need a little more coffee this morning, either that or you jest.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would strongly consider the rail from Centurion Arms.

The Centurion Arms rail on my Colt Trooper is my favorite, it is slim, lightweight, and is a pleasure to use. My original KMR runs a close second.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    The Centurion Arms rail on my Colt Trooper is my favorite, it is slim, lightweight, and is a pleasure to use. My original KMR runs a close second.
    KMR is certainly a good one as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Those Centurian Arms rails really look nice, sometimes I think we forget there are different rail options out there aside from Geissele and BCM. Thank you for posting Stickman.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    OP,

Geissele Mk14 is what you seek. Here is my 14.5" SOCOM barrel w/ Surefire flash hider.

Last edited by TexasAggie2005; 06-02-18 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    I only have a sample size of one BUT, I just got a BCM 13" MCMR on a 16" ELW BCM upper and I absolutely love this thing. Keep in mind all my others are quad rails so take it for what it's worth. I can't see how anyone wouldn't be happy with the MCMR.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Geissele MK13/14 would be my choice especially if using a PEQ. The barrel nut is very long and robust- more so than the KMR. I own both along with a 11” NSR which is sturdy but needs to be timed if that’s an issue. I have no experience with Centurion rails but they certainly look nice.

Feedback Score
    Where do you get that heat wrap stuff Aggie? Nice carbine BTW

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    This for me. But, I also like the ALG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would strongly consider the rail from Centurion Arms.

This is the way I'd go. I am not a fan of metal handguards because they are hot in the summer and cold in the winter and adding plastic covers increases weight and girth. But I got the chance to handle a Colt CCU with the covers installed and the setup was light with a surprisingly small cross section that's comfortable in my hands. Of all the aluminum handguards I've tried, this is the only setup I like enough to buy. In fact, I'm waiting impatiently for the group buy for the Centurion handguard to go through that Stick is so graciously sponsoring for us.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast