Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My rifle returns from Colt HALLELUJAH !!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Six months to resolve a quality control issue is unacceptable for any company.

It's good to hear your rifle finally works.
    agreed-especially when all they seemingly did was replace the upper, they spent all of 10 minutes on the repair, 5 months 29 days 23 hours and 50 minutes apparently just looking at it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    16 months? o my jeezus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
    agreed-especially when all they seemingly did was replace the upper, they spent all of 10 minutes on the repair, 5 months 29 days 23 hours and 50 minutes apparently just looking at it?
    Negative ; the replacement upper has redesigned components. Production of all 901s was halted until the problems could be diagnosed and corrected. Don't ask me where that leaves those who did not experience trouble with theirs ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cemjr View Post
    T-Dot, in answer to your ? about 308s , there is an interesting artical in Nov. issue of Guns & Ammo "reloading for 308" worth a read.
    Cool, thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Negative ; the replacement upper has redesigned components. Production of all 901s was halted until the problems could be diagnosed and corrected. Don't ask me where that leaves those who did not experience trouble with theirs ?
    Did Colt say what parts have changed? Or can you tell what is different than before?

I have one, I got a year ago. Haven't had any problems but only 40 rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    CS service rep. said I got a new barrel, BCG & receiver. I know the Barrel was changed as my original one came all scratched up right from the factory. The bolt looked a little differant but I didn't take any before pictures so a don't have anything to show you. Colt, as you would guess, keeps the details under their hats ,if you know what I mean.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CS service rep. said I got a new barrel, BCG & receiver. I know the Barrel was changed as my original one came all scratched up right from the factory. The bolt looked a little differant but I didn't take any before pictures so a don't have anything to show you. Colt, as you would guess, keeps the details under their hats ,if you know what I mean.

Unacceptable from any company.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-31-13 at 07:11.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    You should have gotten ahold of BRENT
    He is an excellent person to deal with at Colt.
    Believe it or not there is only ONE pistol smith that does any "upgrades" and only 2-3 people who do warranty work on the rifles-that's it.
    Anyways they seem to have had to come up with a fix that's what took so long I think

Feedback Score
    The CS manager that I delt with did the best job he could given the circumstances he was dealing with. Remember He didn't design,engineer or manufacture it. He did his best to make it right and make me happy. Do I wish it would have worked right ou of the box, YES but that's the chance you take when buy the new model of a lot of things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12