Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: ATF is going to have an amnesty for braced pistols

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So when is this going live?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tyson77 View Post
    So when is this going live?
    The most recent rumblings say 'expected in December.' It's been pulled back before, I believe earlier in the year it was 'this August,' but according to a few YouTube firearm lawyers, December is highly likely. (Actual lawyers, from what I understand, not sarcasm on my part.)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    So is the general consensus to just say "@#$% it" and throw a stock on, consequences be damned? Or are people jumping into the NFA game who wouldn't have otherwise? If no to either of these, is anyone actually going to swap out their standard carbine receiver extensions for the OG pistol tubes? Or is this a wait and see scenario?

Feedback Score
    I am waiting.

First I believe if the Republicans take both sides of Congress, this goes away.

Second I believe SCOTUS will strike it down.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    So is the general consensus to just say "@#$% it" and throw a stock on, consequences be damned? Or are people jumping into the NFA game who wouldn't have otherwise? If no to either of these, is anyone actually going to swap out their standard carbine receiver extensions for the OG pistol tubes? Or is this a wait and see scenario?
    For me it's a potential opportunity. I have several NFA items already. I haven't gotten around to SBR'ing a couple of AR's because I'm cheap and lazy. If someone says I can do it without paying $200? That will overcome my laziness.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am waiting.

First I believe if the Republicans take both sides of Congress, this goes away.

Second I believe SCOTUS will strike it down.
    Perhaps not. They are losing on several fronts in the lower courts even.

https://youtu.be/g9wxS92-CyQ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    December 28, 2022 is the latest word.
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    A lot of the arbitrary "laws/rules" that have been the bane of our existence for a while have not been faring well against the new standard after the SCOTUS ruling in Bruen. Magazine bans seem ready to crumble along with carrying permit issuing restrictions in several places. Even Commiefornia seems to be losing ground in their never ending war on the 2nd.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    So is the general consensus to just say "@#$% it" and throw a stock on, consequences be damned?
    Well that would be illegal and never was legal for shorter than 16" ARs. Pistol braces not only are legal but were OK'ed by the ATF so......

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Well that would be illegal and never was legal for shorter than 16" ARs. Pistol braces not only are legal but were OK'ed by the ATF so......
    So were bump stocks until they weren't. That's the point. Furthermore, binary triggers didn't initially meet the definition of a machine gun but that appears to be no longer the case.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast