Thread: FEG Issues

Feedback Score

FEG Issues

Hey guys,

Advice/input would be appreciated.

Issue #1: I am out-running the gun. If I fire a string of shots (usually two or three), I will go to press the trigger and it's not ready. I can pull it, but no boom. I have to wait for it to reset again, and they it may or may not work.

I have replaced every spring, including the sear spring, to factory specs. Only thing different than stock is a Garthwaite Trigger and C&S hammer and seat installed by a local gunsmith (who is no help now).

Issue #2: This is another FEG I own.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmxEGswB...=mc.kryptonite

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I would suggest putting the stock trigger back in. When all else fails go back to bone stock and go from there.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    #1 sounds like at least one of the parts are binding (trigger, trigger lever, or sear lever). Look for wear marks on those parts and polish/lube appropriately. Preferably via dry firing till they reset properly and only load/live fire with a round or 2 in the magazine(load then drop the mag assuming the disconnect is out) until it has a track record of proper function so you don't have to ride a full mag auto burst till slide lock if something goes wrong.

#2 looks like bottom rear of the trigger is very rounded compared to what it should be. Check a picture of a new one on Google and see if that isn't the case.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Most of the aftermarket parts I have seen are supposed to be fitted. “Local gunsmith not being a help” sounds like the likely source of poor fitting. I would only trust someone expert in 1911/BHP fitting.

Second the suggestion to return to stock parts and retest. If OK then find an expert and try again. It isn’t rocket science but does require attention to detail, proper technique. Some local guys are just parts assemblers and have little actual gunsmithing skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    #1 sounds like at least one of the parts are binding (trigger, trigger lever, or sear lever). Look for wear marks on those parts and polish/lube appropriately. Preferably via dry firing till they reset properly and only load/live fire with a round or 2 in the magazine(load then drop the mag assuming the disconnect is out) until it has a track record of proper function so you don't have to ride a full mag auto burst till slide lock if something goes wrong.

#2 looks like bottom rear of the trigger is very rounded compared to what it should be. Check a picture of a new one on Google and see if that isn't the case.
    FEG #1: I put the stock trigger in it and it ran like a top. The gunsmith must have not fitted it properly. Now, I go to go talk to them about the shit job.

FEG #2: Another good call. I put an OEM trigger back in and no problems. The other was was def rounded at the bottom edge.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Most of the aftermarket parts I have seen are supposed to be fitted. “Local gunsmith not being a help” sounds like the likely source of poor fitting. I would only trust someone expert in 1911/BHP fitting.

Second the suggestion to return to stock parts and retest. If OK then find an expert and try again. It isn’t rocket science but does require attention to detail, proper technique. Some local guys are just parts assemblers and have little actual gunsmithing skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, totally were parts that needed fitting. I feel stupid having torn apart the gun and replaced everything except the gunsmith fit part because I couldn't believe that a "professional" that I paid money to do the job properly messed it up. Damn. I will ask around and see whats the word on a Hi Power gunsmith around here. I'm in Michigan, which is sort of a deadzone.

Oh, someone, and idk if it was the gunsmith or the original armorer for the gun, but installed the trigger axis pin in backwards at some point. Now the trigger pin is so loose it can nearly fall out.

I think the fix involves enamel paint. What a learning curve.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was on a Hi Power forum that was operated by or connected to Stephen Camp and

http://www.theactionworks.com/browning-hi-power/

Seemed to be a favorite on that site.

Feedback Score
    Any tips on how to talk to a gunsmith that did the job incorrectly? What should I be looking for -a refund of parts and labor or what? thanks.