Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun in every room of your house ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    If the bad guy comes in through the kitchen and you're in the bedroom we'll finally be able to settle the AK vs AR debate.
    LOL! You're the internet winner so far today!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Question

I'm kinda curious about his neighborhood; I've actually repelled two burglars in MY current house in the 12 years I've been here. I had a Mossberg 500 on me the first time (it was a groupsome of druggies knocking on the wrong door) - turning the porchlight on scattered them (they never saw me). Second one, KNOCKED on the door first, in broad daylight. I had a 1911 concealed on me. Not expecting anyone, he gave a shady song 'n' dance, and left. I kept an eye on him, and called the cops when I saw him breaking into a neighbor's house, and THEY took care of him (B-I-G officer grabbed him when he came around a corner and body-slammed him on the porch - it was awesome! Like watching an episode of "COPS!" from my front yard! ). I still haven't felt the need to store a gun in every room on three floors and a finished basement yet. Maybe I need a crappier neighborhood...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I'm kinda curious about his neighborhood;
    I loath to call someone paranoid in this case, because some will call others (anyone who own more than one firearm, might have more then one mag worth of ammo, etc) paranoid, but here's where i spend my weekends, and it's yet to occur to me to have firearms stashed all over the house:

" Fort Pierce, FL has 64% higher than violent crime rate than Florida average, while remaining 82% higher than the national average. In property crime, Fort Pierce, FL is 28% higher than the average of Florida and is 40% higher than the national average
    ."
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-23-18 at 13:52.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't worry too much about my area/neighborhood. Major crime is rare. You're more likely to get run over by a soccer mom in her AMG G wagon because she's late for her afternoon tennis class then have a home invasion or random murder.

That being said I do keep a gun near by just in case and I throw it in my pocket when walking my dog. However I'm more concerned about that soccer mom not being able to control her 120# Rottweiler then I am about getting mugged

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I always have a gun in whatever room I'm in because I always have a gun on my person.

However, I believe Chuck Pressburg has posted saying that he keeps a loaded carbine next to every door in his house, because of what he did in his last life but that he expects that if he gets whacked for it, it will be with a shotgun through a window and he'll have no idea it's going to happen until it's already happened.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    How is your cholesterol level, blood pressure, and resting heart rate? Just want to make sure you have the #1 killer in check first.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yea just a bit on the extreme side. I'm armed when in the house most of the time. Weapons are in the safe. Why have a weapon in every room and just give the bad guys the opportunity to arm themselves? Doesn't make sense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I was going to outfit a lot of areas with guns I think I'd use a common caliber/magazine for them or at least the majority of them. That way extra ammo could be had by retreating or attacking.

Personally I just have my sidearm and would be able to get something out of a safe. Now if people were rioting or something in my area(shit hit the fan, without rule of law, etc) then maybe I'd law out some things differently.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How do you guys, that carry a gun on them at all times, lounge around in your underwear at home. One of the greatest joys of being an empty nester is being able to come home and just take off my pants at the end of a long day.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    How do you guys, that carry a gun on them at all times, lounge around in your underwear at home.
    I typically don't do that. But sometimes during holidays, when it's a causal morning I'll wear sweat pants with pockets w/a J-frame or LCP in the pocket if I don't put on pants right away.

To me it's more trouble to remember all the secret stashes of guns than keeping a pistol on me during waking hours.

It honestly becomes so second nature that at times I forget about it. It's like carrying a wallet, keys or phone. Just another thing you carry.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast