Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

The One Gun Solution (GP Carbine) - Reality?

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    3.5x is just not enough mag for a GP gun for PID. The TA11 was cool back in 2001, for what if offers you can get much more capability for the size and weight of that optic.
    The Sig Bravo 5 at 5x is getting great reviews, but I have decided to not buy China as long as there's a viable alternative.

I keep thinking about the Leupold D-EVO. You neither move your head or your rifle. Seems like the best of both worlds in this context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 05-21-20 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I keep thinking about the Leupold D-EVO. You neither move your head or your rifle. Seems like the best of both worlds in this context.
    Buddy at work has one. FOV and eye box are extremely tight. The concept was intriguing to me, but in practice, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze, considering how much you give up optically over a good LPVO.
    Last edited by rockapede; 05-21-20 at 08:59.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    Buddy at work has one. FOV and eye box are extremely tight. The concept was intriguing to me, but in practice, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze Considering how much you give up optically over a good LPVO.
    Well that's disappointing. Is it worse than the Sig or Aimpoints 6x magnifier?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    3.5x is just not enough mag for a GP gun for PID. The TA11 was cool back in 2001, for what if offers you can get much more capability for the size and weight of that optic.

Right...

RIP M4C, RIP Will.

FO to the guy above.
    Last edited by ASH556; 05-21-20 at 09:38.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    This is not the best video, but he does a good job of explaining what I was talking about.

It's not a new idea, in fact it's always been there and as he says, Leupold was talking about it way back when too.

https://youtu.be/zQ6MubBBK-o

If you're going to do this, cant the gun to the left, why not just have the red dot offset on the right side so that it then lines up with your right, dominant, eye (for right eye dominant shooters)? Seems that would be the better option than having your left eye take over. I'd have to try it, but I can't imagine it'd be easier to have my left eye looking at the red dot when I'm right eye dominant.

Feedback Score
    Well that's disappointing. Is it worse than the Sig or Aimpoints 6x magnifier?

I have no experience with 6x magnifiers. I do have a Razor 1-6 and an Aimpoint 3X-C magnifier. It was worse to my eyes than either of those (and night/day worse than the Razor).

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Last edited by ASH556; 05-21-20 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
    I have no experience with 6x magnifiers. I do have a Razor 1-6 and an Aimpoint 3X-C magnifier. It was worse to my eyes than either of those (and night/day worse than the Razor).
    Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. And possibly saving me some bucks.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    That seems to be an awfully absolute statement about something that sounds an awfully lot like opinion. Do you care to refine it?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    That seems to be an awfully absolute statement about something that sounds an awfully lot like opinion. Do you care to refine it?
    The entire point of the TA11 was to have a ACOG with good eye relief. Thats why they had to lengthen the tube with the technology increasing the size and weight. This was done in order to make an ACOG suitable for up close 3 gun stages using BAC. Theres no need to do that if you are running an off set red dot or even a LPVO with the current technology. Think about it, the TA11 is a 3.5x mag 14oz optic without the mount. If anything they can re-engineer the TA11 to something like a mini-ACOG with the current optical technology and make it decently viable again.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-21-20 at 12:50.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast