Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: redacted

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

redacted

redacted.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    HOP- forgive me for being ignorant... Is this an NFA item? Never converted pistol to carbine.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    redacted.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is probably the only good thing I've seen about the upper being registered. What's the total length collapsed?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pretty nifty idea. What parts from the donor pistol do you use in it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For the same money I think a Ruger 10/22 would be a better choice.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    redacted.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    Apples & Oranges.

I was not aware that the Ruger 10/22 was a pistol as well. News to me....
    It's not a rifle and a pain in the add to shoot like a pistol but the Ruger Charger is fun as shit. Especially with a red dot. Hand it to someone who hasn't shot a gun before (after safety spiel and teaching them how to use it) and they'll be hooked for life.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    redacted.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    The purpose is to share info here. Not to bag or make comparisons that are not Apples to Apples. There are plenty of .22 LR Rifles that kick butt. That is not what is being compared. The distinction being that it is a pistol that converts to rifle. It's a Survival tool w/ utility feature, that in addition to a pistol can also be a rifle. Plain & simple.

If I wanted to share about .22LR I would have put that or added CZ, Volquartsen, Savage 93's etc. which do not have pistols that can be converted.

That IS what this thread is about. Not .22LR Rifles that are fun or easy to shoot.

In addition the weights are: Ares 22 RCU 3 lbs. 6 ozs. regular model -3 lbs. 8 ozs. Tactical model < Ruger 4 lbs. 5 ozs to 5 lbs. 25 ozs.
    Damn, who pissed in your cheerios today? If my post about the Charger was so horrible it offended you I apologize. Nowhere was I bagging on it. In a previous post I said that it looks pretty neat.
    I also saw you saying it was fun to shoot (and I said I think the Charger is fun to shoot) and you were "running drills" with it. Nowhere did you mention it being used as a survival tool.
    To be quite honest I would pick one up if I had the spare change for one and a donor frame because I'm lazy and don't see myself swapping it around frequently.

However, if I had to have a single .22 for survival it would be a 10/22 with a Hogue overmold stock and a Tac-Sol light weight barrel. I don't have the weight off hand but to me it seems that would be marginally lighter than carrying the Ares plus the solid steel frame of a MKI, II, or III.

That being said, I've bookmarked the Ares for when I have the funds available.
    Last edited by mallowpufft; 04-01-12 at 18:37.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast