Thread: Police urge citizens to fight back

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Police urge citizens to fight back

Two great links on Drudge:

1. Bay Area Law Enforcement Encourages Fighting Back Against Active Shooters:
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...tive-shooters/

2. Houston Group Giving Away Shotguns In High-Crime Neighborhoods To Test If Crime Is Reduced
    http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...me-is-reduced/

Edit: single shotgun in Houston, wonder why not a double as per the wacko from Delaware?
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 02-21-13 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    The only way for most men in the Bay Area to fight back against an active shooter would be to hit them with their purse. They certainly won't be carrying a gun.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    1. Bay Area Law Enforcement Encourages Fighting Back Against Active Shooters:
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...tive-shooters/
    Are they encouraging them to pee, poop or puke on themselves?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Those were my exact thoughts when I read that SF piece!
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 02-21-13 at 15:55.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D. Christopher View Post
    The only way for most men in the Bay Area to fight back against an active shooter would be to hit them with their purse. They certainly won't be carrying a gun.
    Wife made a similar comment after reading the article!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Those were my exact thoughts when I read that SF piece!
    The tactical assault whistle is the weapon of the future.

Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sqwerl View Post
    The tactical assault whistle is the weapon of the future.

This is to archaic since it requires a concerted effort on behalf of the wearer to actually blow into the dam thing.

Panic buttons are a far more progressive, modern, and chic solution.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...panic-buttons/

MARIETTA, Ga. (CBS Atlanta) — Marietta Public Schools have added “panic buttons” to its schools in response to the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

WGCL-TV reports that these “panic buttons” will immediately place a call to 911 when pushed by school officials.

“Once that happens, we send everybody we have to that school until we can determine what the exact cause of the threat is,” Marietta Police Officer David Baldwin told WGCL.

Safety plans for schools were updated following the Newtown school shooting where gunman Adam Lanza killed 20 students and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School. He also killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, before the mass shooting.

“You can’t help but think about your own children and the children that you were sworn to protect,” Baldwin says. “Because of that you really want to do whatever you can to safely protect.” Except doing whatever you can does not include anything that would actually work like allowing teachers to ccw...

Other schools are also using “panic buttons.”

Teachers and staff at the Orange Beach Elementary School in Alabama wear these buttons around their necks in case of emergency.

According to The Associated Press, once the button is pushed, the school goes on lockdown with students locked inside their classrooms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    This is to archaic since it requires a concerted effort on behalf of the wearer to actually blow into the dam thing.
    I'm spitballing here, but I'm guessing if there's something most SF residents can do well it's blow something pink.
    "Like the shiver of excitement you’d get if someone suddenly gave you permission to set fire to Piers Morgan." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If some scruffy dude tries to knock down my door in the middle of the night (granted, I'm not a fugitive from justice), I doubt that I would wait an inordinate amount of time to hear him make his little statement about being a "Bail Bondsman ..." or whatever before rotating my safety/selector to something other than the peace and tranquility position." - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortytheFirefighter View Post
    I'm spitballing here, but I'm guessing if there's something most SF residents can do well it's blow something pink.
    But they think blow means suck. Going to have to redesign that whistle.