Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Charles Daly M4 D-M4 Carbine!

Feedback Score

New Charles Daly M4 D-M4 Carbine!

So last night was the night for me. I had been begging my wife to let me buy some non sporting guns for a while and she has resisted... saying things like "But the kids need to eat food"... or "The children need new clothes that fit them"... and other woman type things. Well, she has recently opened up the flood gates of joy and allowed me to make 3 very interesting purchases... the last and final one being my new Charles Daly M4 Carbine.

I got it at John Brown's Armory in Rochester PA from Tim Brown.

I paid $1299 for it but then added the red dot sight and the Streamlight LED tacticle light on the front sight rail mount. So all together I spent about $150 for the light and mount and about $150 for the red dot sight and mount, I picked up 5 mil spec 30 round clips for $20 each ($100) and 2 cases of NATO 5.56. I also grabbed a nice grip for the gun because the one on it stock didn't seem "right".

As it is now, I love the look and feel of the gun very much! It has a very attractive black finish that appears (next to the Stag and Bushmaster on the wall beside it) darker black than the others. The finish is scary looking ultra serious dark. Couple that with the tacticle light and the red dot and it looks FIT FOR FIGHTING!

I have yet to fire the gun, but tomorow I hope to meet up with one of my pals to go out and blow off a couple hundred rounds from my Charles Daly M4, my Russian SKS, and my Outer Limits Firearms AK-47. I will give feedback on the success of the CD Defense M4... or the failure. I expect great things! There have been 3 or 4 magazine articles on these weapons and all have spoken highly of the performance, looks, and fit/finish. I am very excited!

I am posting some pictures for you all to look at. If you have any specific pictures that you wish to see, just ask. I will do my best to show you anything that you wish to see.

I passed by a cheaper Bushmaster and a cheaper yet Stag to choose this fine weapon, lets hope it is money well spent!

Feedback Score
    Nice, congrats! Nothing like a new bangstick!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a CD M4LE I bought in Sept. So far work has prevented me from shooting it much, But what little bit I have shot it, it shot very well with NO failures of any kind. My rifle has a 1/7 twist so, it favors the heavier bullets. I've got a load worked up using a 77gr Serria Mk but, being the week before Deer season here in Ohio, and you're only allowed to use shotguns with slugs Everybody who has a shotgun will be at the range this weekend trying to sight in before next week... And some folks, well let's say their marksmanship skills are "lacking", safe gun handling skills aren't one of their prioritys either.. I feel sorry for the Deer.... Back to the topic, you should'nt have any problems with your rifle mine has been flawless and shoots very well with the heavier bullets (I reload) I think you'll be happy with it
    Last edited by ralph; 11-29-08 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    Nothing like 3 new bangsticks! She let me get the SKS to replace the one I sold when we had our first child. She let me get the AK-47 clone I have ben wanting for 10 years. And she let me go last night and get the M4 "Dream Gun" I have always wanted but never thought I would be approved to buy. The SKS and the AK were purchased last week, and the M4 was sort of purchased without proper permission from the boss.... she aggreed to an $850 M4... and I came home last night with an invoice for $2100 with the ammo and accessories.

I didn't get any luvin last night! I wont be gettin any tonight .... But she will get over it in a few days and things will be back to normal in the homestead!

I took and broke it down this afternoon and went over it with a dry rag to knock off the overly generous shipping oil. She sets there now in its hard case all cleaned up and ready to roll out the thunder. Tomorrow will hopefully be the day! All I have to do is get the engine in the 65 Mustang in my garage... and then I can do what I want until dinner time. I have to work fast!

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the new D-M4 larry0071! We're looking forward to your range report.

Just out of curiosity, back in the mid-90's we imported a lot of Russian SKS rifles. Would yours happen to be one of ours? If yes, it will say "KBI" on the side of the receiver.

Again, congrats and enjoy!

Michael
    Michael Kassnar
    President, K.B.I., Inc.

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the CD. If you happen to be heading to the Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club tomorrow, maybe I'll see you there!

Feedback Score
    Way to go!

Feedback Score
    CD's are getting $1300? Geesh. 6920's were down near $1100 at one point a few weeks ago right?

That's not a slight towards CD in any respect btw. Just a comment on current market prices.

Congrats on the purchase.

Feedback Score
    Charles Daly, Thank you for the post! Its really cool too know that the company that built my gun is right here to help me in case anything went "not according to plan". Of course, I would use a PM to discuss anything like that if it happened. I own a company myself and I hate when small things get blown big online. The internet is our saviour and our death all at the same time.

As to the price, I walked into the shop knowing that I was walking out with a AR-15 style rifle. I called and Tim at Brown's Armory told me that he had a couple to choose from.

He pulled the bottom of the three, the Stag. I held it and touched it and gave it a couple look overs. It rattled like a bag of bolts when you rotated it, it had a smaller fore grip (that I had yet to notice) but otherwise looked nice. He tells me $1199 will take this home. 4 weeks ago it was $850. I can't change time, so I just shrug.

Next the Bushmaster. Not sure the model or build if they make changes or all are the same... but this was better! The fore grip is a larger diameter at the base. Holding it felt better. Much better. That slim fore grip just did not feel "right". It was sleeping with your bosses wrong, it was just wrong and you knew it. This was what I was looking for. My mind was made up. Tim says its $1250 to remove this from the store. I agree to take it.

But Tim says hold on a second, I just want to show you this one here. This is a Charles Daly M4, and Charles Daly is well known for his Shoot Guns. He makes High End of the low end "affordable custom" shootguns for the average working man to dream of and afford eventually. He is venturing into the world of the M4 Carbines, and Tim said flat out.... If I was buying a M4, it would be this one here! As a matter of fact, he took me behind the counter to show me the Charles Daly box with black marker on the box saying DO NOT SALE, TIM'S GUN. So he pulls it down from the wall and presents it to me. First off, its black. Not almost black, not kind of black, its new BMW base coat/ clear coat and hand buffed kind of black. WHen you pick the thing up you notice right away that something is missing.... the rattle of the other M4's you just touched! This makes some small sounds, but man.... nothing like the others. Grab onto the foregrip and feel the width in your hand, its like pulling on that pair of 10 year old Levi's! A few clicks out on the telescopic stock, and I was all but ripping my wallet out of my Dockers!

So there you go, Tim tells me that this one is $1299. There is a $100 spread from the cheapest on hand to the Charles Daly Defense that according to tim is manufactured with superior componants, superior finish by far, and has a company that will stand behind the piece until I die or they die.... whatever comes first.

Thats a no brainer. The prices on these things wont be coming down anytime soon, if anything its going to become more expensive to purchase as the weeks roll on. For the $100 extra, I would have been a fool to buy the Stag. Its a fine piece, but its no Charles Daly in your hands! Same thing for the Bushmaster, at $850 its the gun to have.... At $1250 it has competition that for a buck or 50 more make it not look so good.

I dont shoot at public ranges, I own 40 acres and my father in law owns a farm. We (I have a few pals that like to let loose) go out back of my place or over to my Father in laws and we can let loose with fully auto weapons (my one pal is legal to own and fire full auto) and many semi auto's. We have standard targets, automobiles, and at times washers and driers to shoot or blow up with dynomite. It is great to be an American. At least for today, we can work hard for our money and then choose what it is going to be spent on.... from fast food to guns and ammo.... we have it all.

Once again, Thank you "Charles Daly" for posting, and I will let you know. Hell, maybe I'll video some of the chaos today and youtube it.
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    Good Choice. I have a M4LE and it seems to love all the ammo I can give it.
    Chris

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast